swiftkid

New boiler advice

I'm hoping for a bit of impartial advice, I've got an old boiler that has been close to death for a while, had to run it on low over winter otherwise it squeals away merrily, well the other day it started making banging noises like extreme pipe expanding noises so decided that was the end of it.

Now looking at replacement boiler, it's a gravity fed system at the moment and trying to decide whether to go for a combi or stick with this system. It's a 1987 house, decent size with only 2 of us living here but obviously have to think of the future.

Water pressure has never been great but we have a shower pump which is awesome and definitely don't want to go back to crappy low pressure shower.

Any advice? Combi or stick with gravity? Or other

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'd stick with gravity. British Gash would stick a combi in all day long but low-ish water pressure would really get on your jubs after a while (especially if 2 sources are running simultaneously), so I tend to quote gravity in this circumstance. Combis have their place - I've got one, but I live in a shoebox where I'll have the occasional guest over.

I'm hoping for a bit of impartial advice, I've got an old boiler that has been close to death for a while, had to run it on low over winter otherwise it squeals away merrily, well the other day it started making banging noises like extreme pipe expanding noises so decided that was the end of it.

Now looking at replacement boiler, it's a gravity fed system at the moment and trying to decide whether to go for a combi or stick with this system. It's a 1987 house, decent size with only 2 of us living here but obviously have to think of the future.

Water pressure has never been great but we have a shower pump which is awesome and definitely don't want to go back to crappy low pressure shower.

Any advice? Combi or stick with gravity? Or other

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hi, have you checked for air in system, possibly causing banging noise in pipes.

I'm currently ripping out a gravity fed boiler for a combi whilst putting an extension on my house. The old boiler is only 3 years old and works perfectly but our plumber has recommended a big combi for our needs as our cold pressure is very good (2 bathrooms and underfloor heating going in) so if you're interested I'm going to be selling the old one. No idea how much they are worth but if you're interested I'm sure we could sort something.