Just went from manchester to high wycombe. With a rather heavy foot. Oil runs between 100 and 106 at "normal" speeds. When giving it the go pedal for extended periods (up steep hill at 120/130ish at its most abusive.) It reached a rather scary 120c oil and slightly less than 100c. I backed off and at about 60 mph went back down to 90c water and 100c oil. Are these numbers normal? Expected? Seems daft that and engine can cook oil like that. Would an oil cooler be a good idea since i like the right pedal or am i just paranoid. Thanks!

Pretty normal as long as it goes back down to around 100deg eventually i wouldnt worry. The clocks arnt too accurate anyway.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

People on here have reported high oil temps during track days and foot down sessions. As long as your cooling system is up to scratch there nothing to worry about

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Bit daft posting the speeds you were going at, but yeah extended periods at those revs will get the oil up there. Just be relieved that it came back down to a steady temp in good time when you eased up.

In my defence its on dead roads, appreciated its a bit quick but im sure 90% of people of here have a heavy foot owning a vr6. And just giving people an idea of speeds as to give a guide on revs and such. Just wanted to check, and since its the first time ive ever seen the oil go so high in 7/8 months its not as if im hooning it 24/7. Thanks anyway guys

I got temps to 140 on a track day once😱

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

All normal. Just make sure your cooling system and fans are functioning as they should. There's a very good VR6 cooling thread on here.

Check out the first few posts in it.

Thats scary numbers! If i saw them i would of stopped. Surely youre starting to break down oil at that temp. Did you run thicker oil for the track?

Nope just reg semi oil only couple laps round castle combe

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk