Cybersarge

New owner of a 16v Corrado near Northampton

Hi all just registered, thought I would say hello! I have just got an 1800 16v on a J plate it's a runner but in need of a full rebuild! I'm looking forward to it. Only problem is I have no garage! So it's going have to wait for 12 months until I have one built lol

Not to worried as I have plenty of reading to do with regards to engine mods, suspension, body the list is so long:thumbleft:

Will add some photos as soon as I can.

Andy

Welcome Andy - I'm in Grendon near Northampton and have also recently joined and taken on a project....

Great people on here with lots of helpful advice...

All the best

Gareth

Thanks for the Wellcome guys, Gjlaw1 I saw your post and I'm looking forward to seeing your project progress. I'm hoping to go to the Vw festival, have a good look around and have a chat with you all.

Couple of photos of the poor car lol

Thanks again

Andy

b8b2f1136d229183e6b7cdc778486775.jpg05ad260afe59ad531b7e0a8fb33740ff.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought it was only reds that suffered the dreaded lacquer peel, obviously not.

I thought it was only reds that suffered the dreaded lacquer peel, obviously not.

The bonnet is the worst, some peeling on the rear quarters as well so full respray need, not much rust for a car off 25 years!

A used bonnet in the correct colour and a good clean will see that looking much better. Is it MOTd and useable?

A used bonnet in the correct colour and a good clean will see that looking much better. Is it MOTd and useable?

Unfortunately not, it failed the mot on brake pipes, fuel lines, perished suspension bushes, that's how I got the car as the previous owner did not want to spend the money on it! I could sort it but I have to much on at the moment :-(