culshaw

Oil woes, post-overrun and reversing up a hill

Hi all,

Took the car for a drive this weekend, after gliding downhill for about 2 miles into Dover and coming to a stop at some lights, I noticed some blue smoke on takeoff and could also smell it in the cabin. Any clue what this could be? I've searched and found that it could be valve seals or pistons or anything.

To further complicate it, I had to reverse up a steep hill and after giving some good revs it puffed out white smoke followed by a little blue smoke. A friend thinks this could be oil in the intake burning off. I haven't topped the oil up as it's only last month gone in for a service.

I'm hoping this could be that they put a thin oil in but that may be wishful thinking.

Cheers

Ian

Guest sam1990rhodes

Get a compression check done on the engine, thatll give you a better idea whats causing it.

did a compression test this morning

top right 145

top mid 120-5( could be slightly lower)

top left 145

bottom left 120-5

bottom mid 145

bottom right 145

seems they are within range threshold

got lots of oil popping out the rocker cover and got soot in the exhaust, does that help in a diagnosis?

Also got some sooty spark plugs. Luckily i have a spare rocker cover gasket.

3ba6876d9cb38e13f1091b0190ba9bca.jpg667134ce80b4e39d8dd82b5ddef809b6.jpg54d86497546cc4cc206069347a0d3b9a.jpg