Grrrrallye

Bonnet pull trumpet

So I have snapped the tightening screw on the trumpet for the bonnet pull.

Does anyone have a lead where is best to get a replacement from?

Heritage are on back order and I would rather keep the momentum moving at the moment.

If anyone has a part number that might help.

I did think that ECS did STST versions of can anyone confirm at all?

Thanks Jim,

I have just found this and ordered however the main site states that they are on 3 week back order.

Guess i will just have to wait and see

If they don't come through, I ordered two when I just did my bonnet cable (just as they were cheap and postage was quite steep). Happy to hook you up with the spare one for what it cost me.

I threw one or two of those buggers in a box a few days ago, let me dig them out and they are yours.

Well gents!

I had an order conformation, I had a dispatch note (early this morning) and then at 17:15 - as in too late to phone them and rip a strip, I get an email telling me they are out of stock!

I have to admit this really ****es me off. They had 3 listed on eBay and even told me that it had been dispatched before they actually check the stock. In this day and age, its not on. They are on a 3-4 week lead time so given some of my previous experience with Heritage could easily be 3-4 months if at all.

So gents, what you got? I will gladly take.

thanks in advance

Alex

In removing the front end of the car , to refurb many parts , I tried to remove mine . I used plus gas , wd40 , but the bolt broke as it was rusted solid . I was going to get mine drilled out and put a new bolt in .

Yeah I tried all the right things to do as well.

The design is not great and they are always going to fail at some point but I guess at 20+ years, i can accept that sort of life expectancy.

Like I say I have a brand new one you can have for what it cost me. So be something like 8 quid delivered?

I found a few but seeing as I'm in Rome, it may take a while to post.. Total no brainer mate, get one off jim.

Edited by VEEDUBBED