robrado974

VR6 rear subframe.

Hi mate,

When you say rear subframe are you looking for a rear axle or the main engine subframe..?

Will have both available in the coming days.

Ive got a rear beam complete with calipers that I'd like out of the way.

£30 collected from DE7 (Derbyshire)

Cheers

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes chaps , the one right underneath the engine . I don't have much choice but to get it posted . I'm a long way from most people .

Yes chaps , the one right underneath the engine . I don't have much choice but to get it posted . I'm a long way from most people .

Ok great. I'd refer to this as the front subframe, the very most front "subframe" as refer to as the front crossmember.

I'm pretty sure you are talking about this right..?

B919D6AC-D63C-4715-AC86-71C7A4145484_zpst5n5rgvo.jpg

*generic google image pic for clarification

Do you require it as stripped down/bare as this..?

Currently mines all built up with wishbones, steering rack etc etc...

I know you have one now Rob, but for anyone searching in the future I was having a look on the VW Parts International ebay page last night, and they are selling the subframes new for £195 incl postage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-MK3-GTI-VR6-Engine-Sub-Frame-Rear-Console-New-High-Quality-Part-/152208334170?hash=item237052dd5a

Bummer . I would have paid that too . Oh well gives me something to do in the evenings, prepping and painting . Good find Sean .

Shame I only spotted it last night Rob. I need to get the motivation to start mine too, it was whilst looking for some more of the small parts I found it. At least I know it's there now should I encounter the same problem as you mate.

FYI guys the MK3 VR6 Subframe is slightly different to the Corrado VR6 Subframe.

Notice the extra bracket at the rear of the subframe on the Mk3 item.

Will fit as far as I understand but obviously isn't correct part for the Corrado.

Was just a heads up, mostly for others who may have hit the buy it now in excitement.

Used + blasting + powdercoat will get you this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84646[/ATTACH]

And for less than the above. :)

I'll have one going sometime as I have sourced all used subframe parts and blasted and powdercoated to do the swap; so I will need to recoup some (ever escalating) costs. Will still be a while though as I currently can't stomach the labour costs to do the replacement at the moment and I haven't currently got access to workshop space to do it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh right, I thought it was exactly the same, my bad! I don't plan on buying it unless I absolutely have to, but thought it worth mentioning as like I said, I saw it whilst browsing their website. Most are advertised on ebay are around the £100 mark and look rough as a badgers whatsit. Add in postage costs, if the seller will even entertain doing that then it seemed pretty good value.