coullstar

Mystic Storm

Wheels are all on and managed to give it a quick wash. Feels good and very minimal rubbing at the front which I can live with on the liner.

Only went couple miles down the road but everything feels fine.

Couple more photos of the car from Friday night. Really chuffed with it in this state so much so Id decided to effectively take it off the road to limit miles and get another project.

So Ive missed my 911 like crazy and wanted back in flat 6. Very limited budget so only one solution. A Boxster. Started looking at early ones and higher mileage. Spoke to a few people with them and one popped up for sale so made a offer which was accepted. So funds procured and flew down to Leeds and drove home at the weekend. Its need a bit of TLC on bodywork and a few mechanicals looked at but drives really nice and is 80% of what the 911 was at less than 25% of the cost. Decent spec and history so I'll work on the niggles and get it good again. Plan was to take the Corrado off the road completely but I got a very good quote for classic ins so I'll use it now again to keep it running right until the tax runs out near winter.

Quick wash tonight in prep for a Classic car show about 5 miles from the house on Sunday. Ive also been accepted for static display at the Royal Deeside Speed festival in August which is kind of like a Goodwood event in this area. Quite chuffed with that considering the calibre of some of the cars in this area.

Will need to get the bumper painted as it seems to gave reacted with something and paint has bubbled in bits. It was needing done anyway as there was too much lacquer on one section. Give me a chance to get the grill done as well as its not very flat.

True to form I swapped the wheels on the Boxster, think it helps modernize it a little. Looking at possible half ductail for it the one thing I really done like it the rear end on them.

Been using it all week with the awesome weather and its brilliant. Handles so well and sounds brilliant.

Event attended this weekend. Local classic car show, from 1930's up. Parked up to a few guys I know through a local VW forum, another white VR6 and a Mk2 Driver. Some photos of the other sorts of things that were there.

Okay have a dilemma. I love the LM's however I cant help but think that this car should really be on std wheels, everything else about it other than suspension and exhaust it basically stock looking and the more I see them on the solitudes the more I like them.

Therefore contemplating selling the LM's and using the money to tidy up the small bodywork issues and get the rear seats fixed + spare cash for when other things go wrong.

Thoughts?

Okay have a dilemma. I love the LM's however I cant help but think that this car should really be on std wheels, everything else about it other than suspension and exhaust it basically stock looking and the more I see them on the solitudes the more I like them.

Therefore contemplating selling the LM's and using the money to tidy up the small bodywork issues and get the rear seats fixed + spare cash for when other things go wrong.

Thoughts?

my initial thought is 'god damn if only i could afford your LM's!!!' lol

after thought is 'why didnt the gf & i keep her spare set of solitudes as i could have offered you them as part of a trade' PMSL

seriously though - the LM's are & look awesome! i understand your motive for OE look but personally i think the LM's look much nicer than solitudes would

which would move my train of thought to if you could have a set of solitudes as show spares

Thoughts?

original is best..apart from wipers & lights obvs!..though, it also looks great on those LMs.

I've still got the original wheels to put on.

The LMs are lovely and rare, just a lot of cash tied up in them which I could do with at the moment. Maybe try some other centre caps and red calipers.

I got some Storm BBS(x4) for £30 the other week! They need a Refurb, but after that I can't wait to see my winter tyres on them. A great wheel, Speedlines better on Corrado though in my opinion

First MOT with me and................it failed. Only on rear brakes being 3% outside tolerance so an easy fix. No advisories which is good.

Thoughts on painting the calipers red?

First MOT with me and................it failed. Only on rear brakes being 3% outside tolerance so an easy fix. No advisories which is good.

colour choice is personal, for me red is a bit common & chavvy but i guess it would work with the blue body

i went with yellow on my HiSpec's as ive always liked the GT2 calipers being that colour

again for me, the yellow looks superb against the blackberry body

how about a neon green kind of colour? ive seen the sportier behemoth cayenne peppers & alike have a cracking green caliper

I saw a blue TT recently with orange calipers and it looked well

Not sure that will get them the 3% more tolerance needed 8)

Retest and passed so all done. Decided not to paint calipers, there already black. I found some genuine blue and gold LM centre caps but there going for £150..........

Its going to be used a bit more as I had a slight accident in the boxster a couple of weeks ago and decided to park it under a moving lorry so its now gone and wont be replaced. Not a scratch on me.

To be honest I was spreading myself thin so were rejigging the cars to get some lower running costs so on the look out for another dirty derv daily hack to replace the wifes Skoda.

Retest and passed so all done. Decided not to paint calipers, there already black. I found some genuine blue and gold LM centre caps but there going for £150..........

Its going to be used a bit more as I had a slight accident in the boxster a couple of weeks ago and decided to park it under a moving lorry so its now gone and wont be replaced. Not a scratch on me.

To be honest I was spreading myself thin so were rejigging the cars to get some lower running costs so on the look out for another dirty derv daily hack to replace the wifes Skoda.

That sounds like a lucky escape?! I must admit as someone who has lived near Dover HGVs are a constant worry, especially when driving the Boxster. Being so low down they sometimes don't see and without a proper roof it could get serious quite quickly! I am always super cautious but have still had a few squeaky bum moments!.another chap who lives near me had his SLK written off when a Larry side swiped him, bit of a lottery