coullstar

Mystic Storm

In this instance the lorry did nothing wrong. Combo of wet/diesel road, lack of traction control and also talent was the deciding factor. I firmly believe if the car had traction control it wouldn't have happened.

In this instance the lorry did nothing wrong. Combo of wet/diesel road, lack of traction control and also talent was the deciding factor. I firmly believe if the car had traction control it wouldn't have happened.

As long as you walked away ok, that's the main thing

Yep that's the main thing. Forgot to say I quickly checked the plug on No.1 or 6 i.e. the worst for potential oiling up and it was all fine so will get the rest out at some point just to check.

Mate! Glad to hear you're all OK. Cars can be replaced etc. etc.

Sounds like the Corrado is running well though, and I can definitely sympathise with spreading yourself thin with vehicles. I've just sold my daily and now cycling to work to justify other toys in the garage.

Mate! Glad to hear you're all OK. Cars can be replaced etc. etc.

Sounds like the Corrado is running well though, and I can definitely sympathise with spreading yourself thin with vehicles. I've just sold my daily and now cycling to work to justify other toys in the garage.

Good effort! Should always make sacrifices for the cars we love

Good chance this will be for sale soon as I've decided I'm getting another 911 so sadly this will have to make way.

I'll get an advert drawn up in the next few days.

Good chance this will be for sale soon as I've decided I'm getting another 911 so sadly this will have to make way.

I'll get an advert drawn up in the next few days.

Sorry to hear that! But fair enough, that's my constant battle too. Pork or VR!

I love these things but I've been totally bitten by the Porker bug.

I've been looking at options to keep it but realistically I can't.

As above sold my car last year and looked for another 911. Things had moved in a little since I sold my C4s 18monts before so I know I couldn't get another. Budget was also constrained and this one came up locally and it ticked quite a few boxes i.e. something basic/different to previous one, a little bit of a project, decent history, not mucked about with.

This is a 98 3.4 Carrera 2, cable throttle car so early one, it has factory M030 kit which includes lower springs, dampers, antiroll bars etc, black sports seats, factory LSD (worn through by now most likely), traction control and a few other little things like Gembala silencers. 90k miles but the engine was replaced with a brand new unit by Porsche 30k miles ago. That was £10k cost alone. Bodywork needs a little tidying as it was a daily car for a long time.

I changed the wheels from the Gt3 splits to Panameras as the splits were very heavy and needed refurbed. Ive got some 200cell cat x-pipe to fit and was going to lower it very slightly however just monitoring things at the moment after finding some debris in the oil filter. Think its fine but not doing much until Im sure.

Overall a great car, you could easily use it daily. They really are brilliant all rounders, Im totally bitten by the 911 thing.

Have to say Im not missing the Corrado to be honest.

Looking good mate. I do love a 996.... if only I had the money, the space or the kahunas to sell the rado I'd definitely have one.

How does the drive differ from the C4s?

Simpler, less weight and more feel steering. Doesn't feel as urgent or make as good a noise though but I can fix that.

The C4s was a nice spec so I am missing some of those little special touches and it doesn't look as good plus after the accident with the Boxster I would have liked the PSM again but I'll take it easy and learn how to drive this properly.