TonySkate

Vr6 (distributor) rough idle/misifre/explosion

Good afternoon.

This is one of my first post in this forums but I read continuously all the the information you guys posts.

Today I am posting this because I have a problem with my vr6 dizzy corrado 93 that is making me crazy!

The most of the time that I start it up in the morning it presents a super rough idle! And if I press the gas pedal sometimes in can hear explosions inside the engine (not sure exactly where), the revolutions downs to 400-500 rpm. I noticed that this problem is not present when the engine is warn.

If I turn the car off and turn it on again the car runs fine for a couple seconds and then the rough idle is back again

When all this happens the engines loss almost all the power.

I already changed, the coil, spark plug wires, checked the fuel pump, MAF seems to be OK, crank sensor seems to be OK.

What do you guys think can be causing this problem!

Any input will be greatly appreciated!!!!

Sorry for my poor english

It Sounds suspiciously like low fuel pressure or possibly a duff ecu coolant temp. Sensor.

Difficult to diagnose a car over the net though..

Try changing the fuel filter first then check the pump's pressure at the fuel rail.

Simple stuff first.

i have the exact same problem on same engine. mine also failed the mot on emissions, supossidly its no where near and im wondering if its linked together these to problems. ive been told to check compression on cylinders.

Have you checked your o2 sensor? Although I'm new to Corrados I'm pretty sure it effects air/fuel ratio which could cause running issues. Does it clear up at high rpms? Don't hold me to this but I've heard ecus will ignore certain readings at high rpm. Someone correct me if thats wrong for these cars