Bfstrachan

Need a guide for removing KR engine

I have a 2.0 9a ready to swap out for my KR. I have an engine hoist, so what's the best way to go about this?

Thank you :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Will you not need ECU, wiring, airbox and all other ancilliaries as well?

Remove everything off the block being removed that attaches to the car (hoses, wiring, gear linkages on the GB etc...), and if you can, remove the front end as it'll be easier to hoist out. Using the lift points connect up the hoist with a balance bar, take a little weight, then undo the engine mount bolts and slowly raise the engine out. It'll probably need a little coaxing out to ensure you don't hit or trap anything, so a second pair of hands is usefull not its possible on your own mate.

Will you not need ECU, wiring, airbox and all other ancilliaries as well?

Remove everything off the block being removed that attaches to the car (hoses, wiring, gear linkages on the GB etc...), and if you can, remove the front end as it'll be easier to hoist out. Using the lift points connect up the hoist with a balance bar, take a little weight, then undo the engine mount bolts and slowly raise the engine out. It'll probably need a little coaxing out to ensure you don't hit or trap anything, so a second pair of hands is usefull not its possible on your own mate.

Thanks for the help! Will be transferring all the KR injection and fuelling along with sensors so I can use the same wiring. I have been reliably informed this is an easy swap over... I am planing to remove the gearbox with the engine - guessing that's the easiest way to go? Was planing to take the front end away for access. Anything I need to be aware off as this will be my 1st time to attempt this kind of operation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope Your gonna use the manifold I sent you..it's off the 2.0 9A valver engine.

Has your Corrado got a/c? You'll have to get it regassed upon reassembly.

Take the front off regardless, better access to everything.

Whilst the engine is out, check the power steering rack's gators for splits, arb rubber Bush's, etc.

Basically, everything you can check now, without the engine in the way.

Got started on the engine bay this morning. Got the rad out and got the wiring disconnected and labelled. Got the fuel system disconnected and the ht leads/ distributor cap out. Next will be the starter motor to disconnect.

I will get front end off after that.

What next? Do I just disconnect the drive shafts and just loosen the mounts?

I hope Your gonna use the manifold I sent you..it's off the 2.0 9A valver engine.

Has your Corrado got a/c? You'll have to get it regassed upon reassembly.

Take the front off regardless, better access to everything.

Whilst the engine is out, check the power steering rack's gators for splits, arb rubber Bush's, etc.

Basically, everything you can check now, without the engine in the way.

Yes - of course the manifold will be used. I don't have a/c, so one less thing to worry about... I was hoping to lift with the gearbox still attached? I will replace the clutch while everything is out.

Forgot to mention but you've said about down pipe so doubt you'd forget to disconnect it! You can get away with disconnecting from downpipe to cat and its easiest to do. You'll be able to remove the downpipe from the manifold with the engine out and it'll give better access too.

Forgot to mention but you've said about down pipe so doubt you'd forget to disconnect it! You can get away with disconnecting from downpipe to cat and its easiest to do. You'll be able to remove the downpipe from the manifold with the engine out and it'll give better access too.

Yes, might just go ahead and take the manifold off - as it's going on the other engine and that might give me enough access to get the manifold off... Learning as I go :)

Anyone talk me through what I need to do with the driveshafts in order to get the engine and gearbox out together?

Remove the drive shafts from the gearbox end, 6 multi spline bolts and thats it. If you turn the wheels each side it'll give you a little bit more wiggle room to push the inner CV toward the wheel and get it off. Support the drive shaft with a bit of string or some cable ties as it could damage the outer CV if left hanging.

Remove the drive shafts from the gearbox end, 6 multi spline bolts and thats it. If you turn the wheels each side it'll give you a little bit more wiggle room to push the inner CV toward the wheel and get it off. Support the drive shaft with a bit of string or some cable ties as it could damage the outer CV if left hanging.

Oh, that sounds pretty straight forward. I don't need to disconnect anything wheel side?

Hopefully the last question, but probably won't be.... How do you disconnect the gear linkage?

8c9afdde84be27cbc26e4fdc7f505c97.jpg

Ready to lift out now. All I need to do is disconnect the speedo cable. Can anyone help with best way to get it out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk