Andy94

Toad Ai600 Removal

Hello, I'm having a few dificulties with my old and defective Toad Ai600. My car will turn over but not start and the central locking is being fruity. Can anyone point me in the right direction with regard to disabling the imobilisers on the system or how to remove the full system safely? I know it sounds a bit dodgy but the bloody thing is stopping me progressing with the restoration of my Corrado VR6 1993. It started and ran very well last time I started it approx 2 weeks ago. I charged the battery today and since then I've not been able to start the car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Andy

I had trouble starting mine due to a flat battery. No matter how much I charged it, it wouldn't start. Bought a new Battery and hey pesto it started straight away.

I could only test the voltage side which seemed ok but I don't think it's cranking amps were sufficient.

New battery-No problem

I also went for a bigger 74ah battery as it does fit. Even managed to source a vw fabric jacket for it too.

Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Was it turning over at full speed? I'll drop test y battery tomorrow. My fuel pump isn't priming either

Thanks for your input

Sounds fuel related at that. ..Mines never been amazingly fast turning over but it did make a difference

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Removing the alarm system is only as hard as the smarts of the person who fitted it. It should be quite hard, that's the most secure way.. you'd have to trace all the cut points. Note that some alarm systems will need to resync to the key fobs after removing power. Check the Toad documentation.