Tizedes

Hunting idle

Hello guys.

I have an annoying problem on my 2.0 16V rado and I would like to ask your help to sorted out. She was alright at the summer. But after the winter starts i have a same ptoblem every morning but only at the morning. First on in the morning leave her 5 minutes for a bit heat up. I start drive idle is alright but after five minutes on the road the idle starts hunting as on the first attached video. (Oil temp around 70c) switch off the engine and switch on idle is not jumping but so high around 1500rpm.

Afternoon it is alright.

Distributor, rotor, spark plugs, oil temp sender and a coolant temp sensor for ecu replaced.

So I do not know what to do.

Any helps much appreciate.

Thanks

Had similar issues with mine which only seemed to occur when it got warm.

I'd checked for intake leaks by spraying round with brake cleaner to see any affect on revs but nothing so thought I'd ruled out an intake leak and started to look elsewhere.

Whilst looking elsewhere (when it was hunting) I rested my hand on the elbow on top of the metering head and it stopped. This had no visible damage but may have a hairline split that only showed up when warm. I didn't investigate or check the elbow, I just replaced for one I had in my spares pile.

Going on my experience, I'd have a good look/press round for an intake leak and make sure everything is secured.

Thank you for your answer. Yes looks like it is a same problem. I will check at the weekend If it has any intake leak.

Do these have isv's ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes, I have several spares from thinking the ISV was at fault.

Tezedes, also clean your ISV if you haven't already.

I tried a find intake leak yesterday. I could not find anything but when i pushed(like blocked the pipe)the isv pipe what it goes to air intake the idle went back to normal. Isv shuld work all the time? Minde looks like is always open. I think mine wire loom is changed so maybe some electric fault on the isv connection. How can i test it? Stuart how many miles can you do with a full tank petrol in city?

Mine has a kr cam and bigger manifold. Full tank petrol i do 150 miles. Do not feel too much.

I tried a find intake leak yesterday. I could not find anything but when i pushed(like blocked the pipe)the isv pipe what it goes to air intake the idle went back to normal. Isv shuld work all the time? Minde looks like is always open. I think mine wire loom is changed so maybe some electric fault on the isv connection. How can i test it? Stuart how many miles can you do with a full tank petrol in city?

Mine has a kr cam and bigger manifold. Full tank petrol i do 150 miles. Do not feel too much.

Ouch. I tend to get 300-400 miles from a tank full depending on where I've been. My commute is only 12 miles made up of 5 urban, 5 fast moors and 2 nose to tail stop/start.

Remove and clean your ISV (I block one end,fill with brake cleaner and soak for 5) and make sure the shutter moves freely.

blimey! my 1.8 16v does around 180 miles on £25 worth of vpower

which, depending on the rapid fluctuation of fuel prices, is normally about 5 gallons

my daily commute is about 15 miles & mostly 30 & 40mph roads

I usually use bp ultimate. My commute is 6 miles so daily I drive 15 miles. 2 miles 50 mp/h road 1 miles speed bump and three traffic lights. Motorway and city it does 250 miles.

I will clean the isv at the weekend. It was changed in May. I bought the aftermarket maybe this is a problem. Sorry Stuart how can I check the shutter?

I usually use bp ultimate. My commute is 6 miles so daily I drive 15 miles. 2 miles 50 mp/h road 1 miles speed bump and three traffic lights. Motorway and city it does 250 miles.

I will clean the isv at the weekend. It was changed in May. I bought the aftermarket maybe this is a problem. Sorry Stuart how can I check the shutter?

The shutter at rest should have a small gap. If free it can be carefully pushed round and should spring back. From memory I think it rotates closing the small gap first but then opens a bigger gap. I should be relatively free to move so don't got forcing it.

Sorry my misunderstanding but the shutter is part of the ISV? Do you have a picture for it.

I only bought my corrado in March I do not have a lot of experience.

Thanks

Sorry my misunderstanding but the shutter is part of the ISV? Do you have a picture for it.

I only bought my corrado in March I do not have a lot of experience.

Thanks

Hi fella. An ISV is pictured and can be found to the right of the head, just by the dizzy.

The shutter can be is visible down the 90 degree hose outlet.

You can't go wrong.

Stuart.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84891[/ATTACH]

Thanks Stuart. I will do it on Sunday and tell you if anything changed. I have tried to disconnect but nothing happened. Is it should open all the time or just when the car cold?