Rado87

JOM coilovers

Im after a set of coilovers for my VR and don't have a massive budget and have seen a set of JOM ones on ebay for 230 quid. Has anyone had any experience of these/other brands for similar money? I have standard shocks and springs at the mo and I want it a tad stiffer/lower. Any feedback would be gratefully received, Merry Christmas to you all!!

They have a reasonable reputation for a budget set, but don't expect sophisticated levels of comfort. If you could extend your budget by about £100, there are some good shock/spring combos about for this money. Also AP coilovers have been well received on here recently for that price mark too.

Im running ap coilovers on my 20vt raddo and they are spot on.... thimk I paid about 360-380 for them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers guys for the feedback. I'm going to look into some AP units now. Can I use my existing top mounts or should I buy new as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a set of JOM brand new, they was only on the car for about 700 miles and the helper spring snapped on one of them. Bought a new set of Konis from a chap on here and not had a single problem> The JOM's were a terrible ride in my opinion too.

Cheers wesleyvr6. I think I've decided against the JOMs to be fair! I'm keen for the AP units though. £360 seems a good price too. Just have to decide whether to by new OEM top mounts or poly.

New ones should dk the trick and keep costs down

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Just ordered myself some AP coilovers and lemforder top mounts. The coilovers came in at £384 inc delivery. Thanks everyone for your recommendation, I can't wait to fit them!