Miikeyboy

Wishbone bushes help

Having a nightmare trying to fit the rear wishbone bush, every time I press it in it goes in crooked and bends. Anyway I was considering fitting poly flex bushes as they appear to be easier to fit, can anyone cofirm this?

Many thanks

Did polys on mine about 10 years ago. The poly versions went in without a struggle but obviously they cost more than the normal o/e versions. It sounds like your changing the old ones with the back axle dismantled?

If so, try heating the axle housing first the pressing in the o/e bushes, smear some grease on the outer metal casing first then press them in slowly, they should go in straight.

If your doing it with the axle still in place, use a length of threaded rod and washers and slowly force them in that way.

Oh sorry just realised I worded that bit wrong, I ment the rear bush on the front wishbone. Don't suppose you fitted front ones too?

Yep, every one I could find except the steering rack, thanks to c&r enterprises who never sent them..

Same thing, try pushing in the first few mm's so that the Bush's are in square in the wishbone then press them in using a socket.

Put some grease on the wishbone's hole first and then press.

I just tap them in with a hammer, top, bottom, left, right before going around the outer of the bush clockwise, once they start in squarely its 30 seconds before they're fully home