Sign in to follow this  
RobyD

Drivers window almost given up

My electric window has always been a bit dodgy. It goes down very quickly and goes up slower. Also quite noisy/rattly in operation. Recently its taken a bad turn and sort of wobbles about as it goes up. A couple of times its stoppped about 2 inches from the top and wouldn't budge. Press the button a couple of times more and it sorts itself out.

I havn't had a look yet but im guessing i need a new window regulator. Anything else it could be?

Cheers

Rob

The glass might be coming off the runners, but I'm of the same opinion as you - knackered regulator. :roll: I know the feeling well, mine struggle at the best of times. Just happy the sunroof was replaced 18 months ago :D

Adios

randal

The sunroofs the only thing im using that the moment! My passenger window window isn't working either due to a switch being knackered and in the permenently up position :roll: More things to sort...

I had similar problems with mine. It actually got to the point where I couldn't get the window to go back up again :shock: .

Best friend to the rescue, and after removing the door card we managed to coax the window back up.

However, rather than looking at getting new parts, he suggested rubber lubricant (stop sniggering at the back ;) ) sprayed around all the edges of the window frame, seems to have done the trick and hasn't been stuck since!

Worth a try before shelling out for new parts...

LvP.

Check ya 12v feed and earth as this was done on my car and the window goes up and down fine and NOT SLOW anymore

Sounds like i might be able to get away with no new parts then. Like the sound of that!

Door card off again :roll:

I had similar problems with mine. It actually got to the point where I couldn't get the window to go back up again :shock: .

Best friend to the rescue, and after removing the door card we managed to coax the window back up.

However, rather than looking at getting new parts, he suggested rubber lubricant (stop sniggering at the back ;) ) sprayed around all the edges of the window frame, seems to have done the trick and hasn't been stuck since!

Worth a try before shelling out for new parts...

LvP.

That's what I did. I think the driver's side just gets knacekered and slow with age as it's obviously the most frequently used one. If it gets really slow and keeps sticking. You'll have to replace the whole lot. Neuspeed sell a decent replacement kit apparently which is allegedley better than the OE system and faster/quieter and knowing Neuspeed's quality, I don't doubt that for one second.

I've had a look and can see whats worn. Not sure what its called but it's the bit of the mechanism which is like a cog (but not circular) and has 'teeth'. A section of these teeth is worn down almost flat so that at a certain point in putting the window up it just keeps slipping.

I definitly need new parts. What do i ask for, window mechanism or window regulator?

Had same problem with passenger window. Turned out to be cable guide at top of runner cracked and allowed cable to slip down giving false topping out and juddering