GrizzlyBear

Which suspension?

Hi guys, I know this has been asked probably a million times but I want to get some recommendations on suspension.

I don't want to go silly low, just enough so the car looks less like a monster truck as its on the OEM shocks at the moment. However, comfort is my biggest priority as both me and my girlfriend are disabled and find bumpy cars very painful!

I was wondering if there is a coilover or of that sort which offers a smooth ride. If it's not possible then I'll just have to keep it as is. Sorry if any of this sounds silly but I've had zero experience on coilovers so all of your advice is very welcome!

Car is a 92' 2.0L 16v if that helps. I'm not sure on a budget but if a comfy coilover exists then I'm sure I could attempt to stretch to it.

Cheers.

Might be worth considering a fixed height kit, perhaps with adjustable dampers so you can tune the firmness of the ride like the classic Koni Top Adjustables? They're not cheap but are a very good compromise between lowering the car and comfort.

Stay away from KW v1, they are fairly stiff. If I was to change mine I'd be looking at some BC Racing, I've got them on my TT and they are brilliant

I'm not meaning they are bad, mine still look like new after 7 years but they are a bit firm if you're after something comfortable

I really rate my KWv1's, and would definitely buy another set,(done about 80k on them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

me too - they rock ;) lol

i can put up with a little bumpy for the handling they give - plus i found that once i had replaced front wishbone & rear beam bushes the ride was much more cushioned & less crashy

ive done over 60K miles on mine so far, a quick jetwash with the wheels off & they look tidy still with just a little paint flaking off the springs

I've just had adj Koni's with Eibach springs and anti roll bars and it's transformed the car. How it should have always looked and driven

Hi Dave any chance of a picture? - I think I'm going to be in a similar boat when I eventually get the VR running... its going to need new brakes/suspension etc. - I'd like it to sit very slightly lower as the stock height looks a little odd..

Thanks all for telling me of your experiences, I'm researching away and will let you know what I got for!

FYI m8 i got my KW's direct from KW themselves

I removed my KW V1s and went for the koni top adjustables with H&R springs. Gave a bit more comfort, i was forever adjusting the KW's and never seemed to be totally happy, at least with a fixed spring and shock you can just fit them and not worry about setting them up.

I removed my KW V1s and went for the koni top adjustables with H&R springs. Gave a bit more comfort, i was forever adjusting the KW's and never seemed to be totally happy, at least with a fixed spring and shock you can just fit them and not worry about setting them up.

Ive got the H&R with TA Koni and there fine. The sit just a tad high for me though.