delfinis38

Watch service... one for Jim maybe....

How much should I be paying to get my Tag serviced. Had a quote seems a lot for a battery and clean... what do they do for that money... should I be going to an authorised dealer...

If it was a cheap watch I'd just have the back off and battery in.

Had my TAG done a couple of years ago , new battery and clean / service.

Can't remember exactly but think it was around £80

They actually sent it to TAG and I had a certificate to prove the work

I've previously used this chap for a couple of nice watches and was consistently impressed with the level of service I got:

http://www.genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/

A quick look at his prices for Tag Heuer below:

http://www.genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/tag-heuer-pricing.html

For a battery, reseal, clean and pressure testing is £60 for non-chronograph models and £75 for chronograph models. Going a bit more hardcore, it's £225 for a full service (which would be a complete strip down of the movement, etc).

I'd happily recommend him, though worth getting in touch to establish lead times as he is always busy, and you do need to post to him so need to send it fully covered with Royal Mail Special Delivery.

Had my TAG done a couple of years ago , new battery and clean / service.

Can't remember exactly but think it was around £80

They actually sent it to TAG and I had a certificate to prove the work

my raymond weil watch is like that & has to be sent back to them to do - though i stopped wearing a watch about 8 years ago now lol

I've previously used this chap for a couple of nice watches and was consistently impressed with the level of service I got:

http://www.genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/

A quick look at his prices for Tag Heuer below:

http://www.genesiswatchmaking.co.uk/tag-heuer-pricing.html

For a battery, reseal, clean and pressure testing is £60 for non-chronograph models and £75 for chronograph models. Going a bit more hardcore, it's £225 for a full service (which would be a complete strip down of the movement, etc).

I'd happily recommend him, though worth getting in touch to establish lead times as he is always busy, and you do need to post to him so need to send it fully covered with Royal Mail Special Delivery.

i will keep this in mind for my dad

he got a beautiful Patek Philippe a little while ago & for a bargain too

My stepdad's a watch repairer. Rated by Rolex as one of the best in Europe! All his machines were sourced directly from them, including a 'lapping' machine no one else independently has in the country. [Rolex have one themselves] He's also certified by OMEGA & Breitling, other brands he'd pick and choose for servicing but can do a battery & reseal on anything. Watchworks

He's also starting micro welding which is pretty cool!

My stepdad's a watch repairer. Rated by Rolex as one of the best in Europe! All his machines were sourced directly from them, including a 'lapping' machine no one else independently has in the country. [Rolex have one themselves] He's also certified by OMEGA & Breitling, other brands he'd pick and choose for servicing but can do a battery & reseal on anything. Watchworks

He's also starting micro welding which is pretty cool!

tidy - will bear that in mind & tell my dad

does he do raymond weil? i know mine needs a battery at least, not sure about service

Oooo glad I looked on here now. Need to get my tag fixed and serviced and also my Timex needs to be fixed too

All these expensive watches . I will stick with my 1970s eastern bloc Ruhla and my 1980s USSR Bostok . lol. Seriously I would like a tag one day .