Sign in to follow this  
kid corrado

optional extras

does anyone know how to interpret the optional extra codes on the inside of the service shedule. there seem to be a lot of 3 figure codes e.g. 4xy and no indication of what they mean

cheers

I'm sure you can post the codes on here and some kind person with ETKA will be able to tell you what they are (not me cos my bloomin ETKA won't install :roll: )

I'm sure you can post the codes on here and some kind person with ETKA will be able to tell you what they are (not me cos my bloomin ETKA won't install :roll: )

What is it doing? Have you set the res to 1280/1024?

Gavin

What is it doing? Have you set the res to 1280/1024?

No, but the screen res on my laptop is 1500x something, so I would guess it'll be ok.

It keeps coming up with an error message saying "Cannot find ///Fast hard lock device" (or similar). ETKA 5 will install, but won't run, saying hardlock not found.

ETKA 6 just comes up with that message straight away and won't even begin the install.

I've tried both ETKA 5 and 6, but I have a feeling it's something to do with XP Pro :roll:

Any suggestions are worth a go though :)

I've tried both ETKA 5 and 6, but I have a feeling it's something to do with XP Pro

for ETKA 5 (and probably 6 too) in XP pro you need to run the program in Win 98 compatability mode!

(In 2k I could only get it to work with the compatability tool in the Recourse Kit)

for ETKA 5 (and probably 6 too) in XP pro you need to run the program in Win 98 compatability mode!

(In 2k I could only get it to work with the compatability tool in the Recourse Kit)

:lol: 6yrs (well almost 7) later and we're still running 98 compatability stuff. Hurrah for Micro$oft.

I'll go rummage on the microsoft site for it.

Mate, Its built into XP - just right click and properties on the shortcut...

Its not MS - its just ETKA 5 is years old....

BTW - Just doing a Zenworks 4 course, think i'll be making an ETKA 5 snAPPshot soon....

Mate, Its built into XP - just right click and properties on the shortcut...

Its not MS - its just ETKA 5 is years old....

BTW - Just doing a Zenworks 4 course, think i'll be making an ETKA 5 snAPPshot soon....

Ahh ok, doh. I thought I needed a resource pack to get it to do that. I'll give it a go tonight.

You got any ideas on why ETKA 6 won't install/how I can get it to install?

Ahh ok, doh. I thought I needed a resource pack to get it to do that. I'll give it a go tonight.

Only for Win 2k..

I'll have a look when i get hold of ETKA 6 - does Kev have a copy?

I'll be having a copy of that then! - I just want the updated prices really....

Thought you might ;) You needed some more comedy in your life! :lol:

It keeps coming up with an error message saying "Cannot find ///Fast hard lock device" (or similar). ETKA 5 will install, but won't run, saying hardlock not found.

you need the patch :wink:

you need the patch :wink:

Obviously the patch lead to my completely legal dongle that I coughed up lots of money for and in no way related to any illegal software piracy *cough*.

Ok, ETKA 6 half works over the top of 5 but after removing them both, i'm just getting the hardlock error - not sure if the 'patch' is on the disc or not, can someone give me the details or stick it on the web soemwhere?

No worries, got it sorted now, founf the XP crack on some dodgy site and works fine now.... and doesn't need the compatability mode option like ETKA 5 8)

I'll see if it works on 2k tomorrow at work...

And it works fine on 2k too with the same crack! Also looks good on a 19" TFT!

Does anyone have a recent price file for it??

Nice one guys, sounds like tonights mission. A price list would be good too, it lessens the number of sharp intakes of breath while on the phone to VAG. And also provides some good comedy :lol: