easypops

Early door cards.....no speakers?

I had the door card off the passenger side of my early 16v today, to fix the broken door handle and there is no speaker in the space for one, also looks like there has never been one and I can't see any wiring for it either? Is this normal? I'm about to fit a stereo and I guess I'm heading for a disappointment:lol:

85CD18B4-9EF6-4835-BA63-AD17AA6E0306.jpg

Thats incredibly strange mate... There should be a hole drilled so you can connect up the speakers. From memory there is a blue and brown wire that clip into the back of the speaker, if you can't see them then I have no bloody clue... Factory error??:scratch:

how very odd Easypops

only 2 wires need to be ran though if indeed the originals are found not to be there

though that itself would be a mystery as surely the factory speakers wire emanate from a loom - might be worth checking by the passenger under trays

I've never had an early one before so unsure of lots of bits at the moment. It certainly looked like I was the first one in there, also the foam on the back of the card is complete as is the membrane without any evidence of wires ever having been there. I think they might be inside the door but I've put the card back on for just now......I'll re investigate if the rear speakers don't work/are missing:)

I've never had an early one before so unsure of lots of bits at the moment. It certainly looked like I was the first one in there, also the foam on the back of the card is complete as is the membrane without any evidence of wires ever having been there. I think they might be inside the door but I've put the card back on for just now......I'll re investigate if the rear speakers don't work/are missing:)

i have one early (16v) & one late (VR6) - not too much difference with them in the main i have found so far in terms of cabin

having had door cards off both vehicles they are pretty the same in that area, apart from the obvious window switches

might be worth you whipping the drivers card off & seeing how that is in comparison

i have one early (16v) & one late (VR6) - not too much difference with them in the main i have found so far in terms of cabin

having had door cards off both vehicles they are pretty the same in that area, apart from the obvious window switches

might be worth you whipping the drivers card off & seeing how that is in comparison

That's the plan but I was just fixing what I thought was a leaky jubilee at the top of the radiator, the wee return hose. But it seems the rad is leaking behind the big top hose, seems to be coming out around the area where the black locating pin thingy goes........off to price a radiator now

If the loom is missing let me know. I removed the looms from the G60 I broke. Happy to separate out the Audio if you need it.

If the loom is missing let me know. I removed the looms from the G60 I broke. Happy to separate out the Audio if you need it.

Thanks mate, I appreciate that . Should be ok though as I have a parts car here

...... got a more pressing issue developing anyway :lol:

67968273-E241-4110-9A76-2CB3BF5B499D.jpg

My 1990 1.8 didn't have speakers in the door and no wiring for them. Don't know what size speakers were in the dash.

Whip off the dash speaker covers bud, shoud be a tweeter in there.. if you've got a full sized speaker thats a first!

Well, there has to be a first for everything I guess :)

EE04EE50-2F3E-4598-8456-DEEBA927EDEA.jpg

I found the same with mine, no speakers or loom in the door, speakers in the dash not tweeters

Sent from my Xperia

This is how ear;y MK2 Golfs were... my 84 GTI had no door speakers or even the pods to install them, just dash ones like you pictured