Etino

Fuse 16 problem

Hello all,

I have a problem with my 1992 early VR6, my fuse 16 always blows when I put it on ignition.

On a lot of sources I found out the fuse protects the spoiler, gauges in center console(which I don't have), glove box light, dash warning lights and MFA.

Some sources also state the sunroof, number plate lights, clock and rev gauge works via fuse 16.

But the strange part, sunroof, MFA, warning lights, number plate lights, clock, rev gauge does still work.

What doesn't work, is the spoiler, but also the ABS light doesn't turn on.

When I replace the fuse, put it on ignition, the ABS light does turn on, and one second later the fuse blows and the ABS lights doesn't turn on.

I pulled the connector from the spoiler, spoiler control module, spoiler switch, ABS light, ABS computer, pull the lights from glovebox and trunk.

And still it blows fuses like no other, does someone has any clue where to look next?

Thanks.

I'd check the wiring inside the trunking from the body to the hatch for breakages and shorts circuits

I checked it today, the wiring in the boot was in good shape but I actually found the problem.

It was the lighting connector for the cassette storage box or gauges(depending which option), it's pre-wired but in my case not in use.

Some one snapped the connector off, and put some non isolated push on terminals on the wires, they dropped and made short circuit with each other or the body so the fuse would blow.