vr6paul

Central locking coming and going

So got my electric windows working by removing the passenger switch and no I seem to have central locking that works when it didn't before. Except now occasionally the central locking doesn't work which will mean I can't get in to the fuel filler cap. Is there anything intermittent I could check I am wondering if I have knocked something and replacing the electric window fuse. Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would check the fuses and check all connections to the locks . Also check the tubes , you may have a leak .

Can i ask - what sort of connection will go to the lock?

I will take the door card off this weekend and investigate. No loose fuses but what fuse works the central locking?

Re the pump and vacuum lines etc where will i find all of this ? I have read something about the boot?

Any guidance would be smashing.

I'll have a search too.

thanks again

Yes , the pump is in the boot . When you remove the door cards , you will see a small white pump , this has metal rods connected to it and the onto the door locks . I'm not sure which fuse is for the central locking . It's these connections and rods you need to be checking for leaks and breakages .

Not sure exactly where you are mate but I've got a few corrado's in various states of repair, easy to look at if you like before tearing yours apart.

If you don't find any leaks in the pipework the pump itself is easy enough to get at and can be taken apart to assess any issues.

I'm in Scotland so likely a fair way away. Thanks for the offer however. I will take a look at the pump tomorrow fingers crossed

I'm in Scotland so likely a fair way away. Thanks for the offer however. I will take a look at the pump tomorrow fingers crossed

I offered because I'm in Glasgow mate :)