WheelerDave

ABS wheel sensors

My orange abs light is back......but now a bit random. I suspect a wheel sensor may be on the blink. They all give the correct static reading, so I'm going to check them whilst rotating the wheels

However, if I need to replace them does anyone have a recommendation for the best place to buy them and which brand to buy please? There seems to be lots of variation in price (and I presume quality)

Mine are only 2 ish years old but I'm not sure that great quality to start with

Thanks

You can get the oem parts from the steelers . However they are around 65.00. I opted for the Bosch parts which were 46.00.

Thanks both

My car has the old 2x2 vagcom and I can't get it to connect (nor could 2 garages....or the tall guy on TV!)

So I've got to go old school....or take it to Vince and let him sort it out!

Thanks

I went with the cheap ones from gsf, about £15 i think, worked fine, finally have ABS after 10yrs and 100,000miles :lol:

You just need a 2x2 adapter cable for the diagnostics, that then plugs into the OBD cable back to the laptop.

Thanks both

My car has the old 2x2 vagcom and I can't get it to connect (nor could 2 garages....or the tall guy on TV!)

So I've got to go old school....or take it to Vince and let him sort it out!

Thanks

Old school is using a volt metre and testing the internal resistance of each sensor. But vince is a good option :)

Thanks guys. I've got an 2x2 connector but the vagcom just won't connect. No idea why

My gut feel is Vince will be getting a call.

I don't want the whole eulogy to be able how I battled with Corrado VR6 gremlins for most of my life 😃

Celebration time......first day after 2 years ownership of the VR6 where I haven't had the ABS light on at all - yippee

I can finally enjoy the car

I'll upload some photos soon. It's come a long way from the Mike and Ed days.....

Celebration time......first day after 2 years ownership of the VR6 where I haven't had the ABS light on at all - yippee

I can finally enjoy the car

I'll upload some photos soon. It's come a long way from the Mike and Ed days.....

What was the cause?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't really know.....

I replaced the brake pedal position sensor, the main plug into the abs pump also had a poor connection (which was the biggest bugger to track down as it was so random) and then it seemed like the pump only wanted to prime when it was hot / has been switch in in the last few hours. It seems like it just needed to be used more so the pump would prime

The light does come on occasionally when driving but can be reset by turning off and back on again, so I think a wheel sensor may just be dirty or something. This seems to be getting less frequent though

I'll see how I go and then perhaps get the sensors done at some point. I've also got a spare pump....just in case.....

After 2 years of restoring the car properly it's great just be to enjoying driving it.