Jim Bowen

Mk4 Golf PAS pump on VR6

Am sure I've heard mentioned about using a different pas. Think it was a mk4 golf one maybe but had anyone got any info on it.

Something is making a noise and despite being practically new I'm going to fit new pas and water pump. Sounds like a bearing to me. The last pas pump i fitted wasn't a vw one, was a trw, quite a bit cheaper.

Yes, I'm using a mk4 pump. Heard they have different running pressures but looks and runs exactly the same

I don't I'm afraid, I think they are all the same but can't say for sure. Mine came with the R32 engine so I just left it on

Weirdly if i look up mk4 r32 pumps, most of them list all corrados as compatible as well as a lot of other cars.

Going to go to dealers today and see what they charge.

An old forum post from 2009 says VW wanted £300 for one even back then. Be interested to know how much money they want these days!

Just back from VW, £342 for the pump and £41 for the belt :!

So ordered that :lol:

mk4 golf pump was even more money, something like £447

At that price I can't see them going anywhere either!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I figured i haven't really spent much on corrado in the last year and can't be arsed buying a cheaper one again. Not even sure it's the pump yet, but its my best guess and seems easier to replace than the water pump :lol:

Collected today. Took my original pump with me, despite it being stamped zf and 1994. Because the vw sticker had come off after 22yrs they wouldn't accept it as a vw part so i had to pay the £100 surcharge. The parts guy was really helpful, it was head office/parts returns that said no.

He managed to help me by doing a discount on the pump, making it about £250 and then surcharge on top.

Pump isn't the same as the original. Its KYB branded now, which is what i have on the car at the moment. Bought from gsf. Although the vw one looks alot nicer made.

Fitted it this evening but haven't started car to see if the noise has gone. Was no noise from the pump i took off when spinning by hand, but felt stiffer than the one vw supplied.

Worked out the kyb one from gsf has only done a hundred miles or so.

Collected today. Took my original pump with me, despite it being stamped zf and 1994. Because the vw sticker had come off after 22yrs they wouldn't accept it as a vw part so i had to pay the £100 surcharge. The parts guy was really helpful, it was head office/parts returns that said no.

Man.. that's a complete fricking joke! I think I'd have told them to shove the PAS pump and found one elsewhere.. honestly..

I did and told them to stick their stuff back on the shelf, then the guy offered me discount and i started to think i wanted to drive car this weekend instead of working on it. Am going to write to VW about it, might get a free keyring :lol: