daniboy1_2_3

Black vr6 revamp for sale

Hi everyone. I'm starting this thread as I would like to call on the help of forum members in order to bring my corrado out of hibernation and eventually sell it. I've owned it for a number of years and loved it. It's a black N reg VR6.

After my son came along I bought a bigger family car and the corrado languished on my mam and dad's driveway. It eventually made it's way into the garage at the house I rent and has been there for 6 months or so now. After splitting up from my partner and being denied any contact with my son I'm having to sell whatever I can in order to prepare myself to pay for an expensive legal battle. The corrado will have to be sold so I'm calling on your help to guide me through the resuscitation and give me an idea of what it might be worth. I'll get some pictures if how it stands just now and list the work that needs doing.

Issues at the moment are;

It won't idle.

Headlining is out as I've recovered it. Sunroof was sticking so I was going to try a new sunroof motor in there to start with as the mechanism works fine and runs smoothly when operated manually, nothing appears to be broken. I've heard mk3 golf motors fit?

No mot so will have to take it along when I think it's ready.

Rust coming through in a few places. I'll get pictures.

Drivers door glass is loose, door handle pulling away from door.

I have some 288mm calipers to go on the front of the car just need to work out what flexi pipes I need for them. I'll get some pictures of them.

It's done around 100,000 miles, had a full service history when I bought it but I did all the servicing from then on. It's got air con and the heated black leather interior. It's standard apart from an aftermarket airfilter and stainless cat back exhaust.

My plans are to get it mot' d tidy it up and service it then sell it. I'd appreciate any advice on how best to tackle the issues I've mentiond or any advice on what else I should sort out to get me a fair price for the car. Thanks for reading.

Edited by daniboy1_2_3

Hi

If it was mine I'd take it for the m.o.t first , at least then you know what your up against

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I take your point. I know it's structurally sound but the front brakes are out of balance. I'd like to get the obvious faults taken care of before I mot it just so I've gone more time to focus on anything else it might fail on. I was thinking I could get it running, sort the brakes and refit the headlining before taking it for a test. Just want to be sure I fix the sunroof issue properly before I reinstall the headlining.

The timing chains/tensioners haven't been done either and I'd read that people tend to do these along with the clutch around 100,000 miles.

If your engine is quiet with no rattle should be fine

There normally good

Or your gonna spend big money to then try and claw it back .

Sounds a good spec car and colour so should sell at right price

Thanks caz. It's been a cracking car. I just want to get it back on the road and in good condition. There are no noises with regards to the chains. There is a tapping noise from cold though. I'm thinking maybe a temp sensor is causing my starting issues.

These cars don't idle well if the battery goes flat, if there's no induction leaks the cure is to use the car and allow the ecu to relearn all sensor values.

Are you still in Middlesbrough? Just in case someone's looking for one, there's a lad looking for a VR6 in the classified section.

The mk3 golf motor was a perfect swap/ fit in my 95 vr sunroof. Plugged straight in and worked, lots better

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I'm still around the Middlesbrough area. I'm staying at patents house in yarm but the car is in a garage in Darlington at the moment. That's a fair shout about the ecu settings the battery has been flat a few times. I'm planning on getting it running next week then I'll get torn into it. Will be sad to see it go but needs must. Prices seem to be all over the place. There don't seem to be too many unmodified examples left so hopefully that will help with the sale. I was talking to a lad on here who had a mk3 golf motors so I'll give him a shout see.if he still has it.

Think I might have both motors in the shed will av a look tomorrow and see if there any good for you

Black one of the few colours I haven't owned and it's probably the best for the car in my opinion. A lot of black plastic and rubbers on the car which just looks neater when they blend in. Sorry to hear of the circumstances, but rest assured if you get it back functioning on the road in something like original order you will do very well selling. Great low miles. Good luck chap

Thank you. I have some constellation in the fact I still have my mk1 golf and a 16vg60 engine ready to go in it. I just need some cash to finish it off hopefully in the not too distant future. It does look great when clean and polished. What worries me is these old cars tend to throw allsorts of curveballs at you. I image once I start prodding and poking I'll find more trouble lol.

Hey

Just jogged my memory I've just dug it out the shed, one one left was out a vr6 golf and working as just tried it

The one on the right I out of a rado but doesn't power up unfortunately

But they look identical tbf 0968563a16fda295dfd725984458492c.jpg

Hey bud , your welcome if it helps you out

Not sure what there worth

£30 posted ??

Cheers. I'm just going to make sure that's my problem as the motor does work but intermittently. My plan is to remove the cassette from the car give it a good clean and regrease and replace any worn/broken parts if they are available. VW heritage were stocking more corrado parts last time I looked on their site and they listen to enthusiasts who need a common part/parts remanufacturing so it may be worth a representive from the club having a word about this? Maybe this has already happened but if not just a thought to save a lot of broken sunroofs.