avokado

Hello!

Hello folks,

I figure saying a few words would be at least i could do, so here goes...

I bought a us spec Corrado vr6 9 years ago, got rid fo some glitches and parked it in a small garage. Eventually, an oportunity came up to swap my really poor 2.8 liter for a 2.9 liter, so i went for it, and got the car a new paintjob while i was at it. Little did i know, that this swap will be the root of all my problems:) Long story short, I got ripped off by 2 mechanics, and finally decided that I won't let anybody touch my car again, so I am dealing with bad jobs of "pros's" on my own, with occasional help from a friend.

I might need to mention I made my life miserable by doing a passat 92 climatronic swap, which is still in progress, as my fans won't work, no matter what i do.

Cheers,

Luka

Hi! I believe there was a thread here about a climatronic swap-out.... sure it's still around somewhere........

Thanks for the heads up!

I am trying to find the search bar, but with no success:) I have found a topic regarding the cooling fan issues, but i still don't have any idea if the fan operation is somehow controlled via climatronic (i have changed the entire inner harness, so the inside unit works like a charm, but left the original one in the engine bay - if the harness is not the same, i am going to have to swap the bay one aswell...). When i figure this out, it will be a lot easier.

I am planing to start a new topic regarding the mater of my car though, if i cannot find any previous ones, plus, maybe someone someday will find it usefull...

welcome Luka

sorry to hear of your woes caused by poor mechanics, i tend to only trust my 2 rado's to the mechanic who has worked on my cars for about 25 years

have a look at this for your climatronic http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?83431-MK4-Climatronic-AC-conversion-what-parts-needed&highlight=climatronic

now your VR has a proper 2.9 lump you have a true corrado VR6 ;) LOL

Welcome avokado

Sorry to hear about your troubles. It's a ****ty situation that hopefully won't taint the joy for to long

Thanks for the simpathies...

Now that my corrado has his own personal space (the garage), this troubles are only some minor set backs, which I am going to have fun with. You don't expect to buy a corrado and everything works, do you?:)

Can you guys help me with making a new topic about wiring diagrams?

Is it ok make a new topic in the "engine bay"?

I need help getting the proper wiring diagrams for the passat climatronic, as i can't find in anywhere...

Thanks for the simpathies...

Now that my corrado has his own personal space (the garage), this troubles are only some minor set backs, which I am going to have fun with. You don't expect to buy a corrado and everything works, do you?:)

Having a fully working corrado would be no fun at all, surely? :scratch::lol:

Glad to see it hasn't taken the shine off ownership! Everyone loves a corrado, the admiration and jealousy you receive will make it all worth it!

I hope you get much enjoyment! I am off to my garage to make some Brum Bruuuuum noises in mine while I dry click through the gear box.

Hopefully no one will see me:thumb right:

Actually, it's not a problem that something isn't working (after all, it's a 25 year old car), it's the reason it ins't working that bothers me.

Some people just shouldn't be aloud to mess with cars... At least I check before doing something stupid, instead of f***ing things up and victoriously bang my chest like a baboon:)