corrado_sunderland

Hows everyone doing then?

Hehe, I still keep an eye on this place all those years on, check in every month or so :camp:

I've been looking at rado's recently because I'd love one for old times sake, I think it'd make me feel young again getting back in one :dance: , but fluck me, they're pricey for a goodun nowadays! shouldawouldacoulda kept some of the nicer one's I had ten years ago I could have made a fortune! :p

How are you Jim?

I'm ok thanks mate... only let my Corrado go finally a few months ago. Can't deny I do miss it a bit though! As you say, prices do seem to be on the up for the good ones!

Apologies for hijacking the thread, but as someone relatively new to this Forum - I thought I'd offer some feedback.

Whilst I have a Facebook account, I stopped using it back in 2015 - mostly for the reasons stated above. So this is the first time I have bothered with social media in years, prompted by my recent purchase of another Corrado after an 8 year gap.

I'm a massive fan of the Corrado and I'm really appreciating the advice and encouragement from like-minded people.

Just saying - Corrado Forum and those that share all that great knowledge, good job, keep it up and thank you.

Likewise vr6monkey,

I joined up here a while ago but never actually got round to buying a Corrado until this year :D - I was always a VW chap, but seemed to have a lot of Golfs.

I'm in the same boat on Facebook as well, I was sick of the general cr@p people put up... I don't need to see what people have had for dinner or how cool their (probably not) wonderful life is.

This place is great, very helpful

I'll update my build thread soon too ;)

Haha I do relate to some of what is being said here, probably because Im fast approaching 40 but I also think social media has been great if you use it to what ever you need and ignore the crap. Im pretty strict on my facebook and only really follow groups / people that I do feel friends with but then they are very similar to me and would rather have a face to face than through the phone.

I have to admit Im contemplating letting mine go again (for a another Porker) but this place is one of the reasons Im finding against doing that.

Ditto the above, I crashed my FB account 6 or 7 yeas ago and use a fictitious name now (I'm on my second after being banned for using a famous name earlier this year - I suspect someone reported me) and join groups I'm interested in, friends chosen carefully, but no family as others would guess easily who I am due to my interests. I only use messenger to arrange to buy items and statuses are **** taking, banter and funny videos etc.

Good to see im not the only one who hates social media too. Things have moved so fast :lol:

I would say NOOOO do not sell you corrado to anyone on here thinking about it. You will regret it one day...... I know i have.

I'm not a social media guy either, despite having a facebook business, I don't use it personally (although i admit to stalking a few old mates on it using my missus' account).

I think Photobucket's need to monetise their site has had a massive impact on forums though. When you search for a solution to a problem on any number of subjects it's almost certain that a forum will come up top on Google with an answer for you, photobucket has been instrumental in that for years and years so the sudden loss of images in all of those useful threads is a real shame, although I understand that they need to get the money in, the fallout is huge.

I still use forums, I'm currently on my second LR Discovery 4 so have been a member on that forum for a few years and was on the porsche forums for a while before that, but none are as well organised and run as this one always has been, credit where its due!