thd123

1996 Corrado VR6 for sale

Sadly I need to sell my Corrado VR6 Mark 2 as I need a car with more space for luggage. It has done 122,000 miles and is in good but not perfect condition. It goes well and has comfortable leather seats.

The brake pipes and the rear beam bushes were replaced in 2010, other parts have been replaced from time to time, and in June 2017 a couple of ABS sensors were replaced together with the ignition coil pack, sparkplugs, HT leads and battery. The MOT is dated 28 June 2017. The rear spoiler works well but the sunroof has recently got too stiff.

It includes four spare 15 inch 6.5J Speedline wheels and four other VW wheels.

I would like it to go to an enthusiast but it is challenging to set a price. I have in mind £3,900 or offers.

I'm based in Bath and you can contact me on 07870 681747.

virtuoso23 ... VR6 South ... thanks ... I don't want anyone to think that it is perfect but I'm hoping for a fair price from an enthusiastic purchaser ... best wishes ... T

A picture of the engine bay and close ups of the bodywork would help the sale.

And a picture of drivers seat - can't be sure but looks like bolster is worn?

A picture of the engine bay and close ups of the bodywork would help the sale.

and more details regarding the car and history?..you have alluded to it not being a perfect example but dont's mention what needs attention. It looks nice from the photos provided. GLWTS

ive got too agree with the above as someone looking for a car you need more details of history and pictures

so get clicking and writing :)

OK. Thanks for your advice.

Here's a picture of the driver's seat. I think it's OK but I suppose it has lost a bit of colour on the bolster.

And here's the engine bay. It's original. The radiator fan switch and thermostat have been replaced in addition to the items mentioned previously. I've been advised to delay replacing the timing chain as the original is not yet making the thrashing noise that would suggest wear.

The current MOT certificate advised 'Oil leak' and the oil pressure switch has been replaced to cure this. From time to time in the past it has been suggested that the front near-side and off-side lower rear rubber bushes have 'deteriorated but not resulting in excessive movement' but this has not been mentioned on the current MOT certificate.

Here's the odometer reading.

A couple of years ago a few small areas were treated with Jenolite to stop rust and this seems to have been successful although I'm sure you could do the work more elegantly ... there were three small areas around the windscreen and the seams at the rear of the rear wings ... hopefully you can see from the photos ... there are now perhaps half a dozen very small areas where similar treatment will be needed in the future but otherwise the panels all look good.

Here's my collection of spare wheels. The current front off-side wheel loses a bit of air and, if I had been keeping the car, my plan would have been to choose the four or five best wheels and have them properly refurbished.

I've owned the car since 2008 and it has been and remains brilliant to drive.

Thanks again for your comments and please tell me if you want more information ... although actually I don't think there is much more.

Hi Hope you don't mind me asking are those speedlines I see. I require 2 if your willing to part to get them refurbished.

Where are you based.

Good luck with the sale nice car.

Hi ... they are indeed Speedlines and I live in Bath ... obviously I'd really like to sell the car and if having a cluster of four spare Speedlines encourages someone to buy it then that's what I would prefer ... so would you be happy to wait a week or two to see what happens? ... thanks and best wishes ... T

Thanks. There are no buyers yet. I hope you have a good time at Brands Hatch. Feel free to mention my car to anyone that you think might be interested! I can be flexible with the price ... with or without the spare wheels. Best wishes. T

Hi

Great day out at Brands Hatch at the CCGB National Day good looking C's and racing. There just so happens to be one for sale they Wanted over £8k for it.

Any luck with the sale yet as I am still interested in the speedline just so happens I'm in the Bath area at a meeting in AbbeyWood tomorrow (Wed 23)then passing again end of Sept on my way to Wales for a couple of days. How much by the way are you willing to accept with no tyres given they may need a refurb ?

Cheers

Ron

Edited by Rocket Ron

Ron ... greetings and apologies for missing your message ... the Corrado is not sold yet ... I've delayed advertising it on Ebay or Gumtree but I need to get on with that now ... the wheels cost me an average of around £50 each so I suppose we would probably be talking about £100 for two ... does that sound reasonable to you? ... best wishes ... T

Thanks for getting back to me would have to think about the price. Have you any close ups of the speedlines without tyres.

Cheers

Ron ... here are photos of the spare wheels ... I think someone has made a poor job of refurbishing them in the past and they have ended up with a crazed finish ... don't rely on the tyre on the one wheel as it has a bit of nail in the tread ... I'll be grateful if you will phone me on 07870 681747 as soon as possible ... thanks and best wishes ... Trevor

Here is a photo of the four standard wheels. They are 6.5Jx15H2 part number 1H0601025T. I believe they were probably from a Golf Mk3 GTI. The wheels are OK but the tyres are not OK. Best wishes ... Trevor