CIPO

Help!

Hi everyone!

Been ages since I've posted here but I've a very irritating problem with a kinda misfire with my VR6.

Symptoms:

It's like a misfiring but only occurs less than say 3000rpm.

Sitting on motorway speeds its fine.

Only does it when the engine is up to running normal temp.

90% of the time on a drive manifests itself just after the biting point when moving off. Can be very very sharp to the point where the jolt is quite severe.

Makes you look like you drive like a bit of a tool!

Its nearly like its an intermittent loss of fuel & gives the impression the throttle is sticking.

Investigation already carried out......

New plugs, leads & coil pack.

No improvement!

The car is very difficult to drive around town & as i say its like the throttle is sticking. Everytime you move off it will stick causing a "chugging". Cruising along a say less than 50 feathering the throttle it gives a misfiring type sensation.

Anyone have any ideas or experienced this?

It's making the car really not fun to drive! :(

Thanks in advance!

Have you put a diagnostic machine on it? I've heard crank sensors can act the t**t when hot but it could be a lot of things reading what you've put- throttle position sensor, knock sensor, or even lambda?? From my own experience of a similar problem I'd say clean the MAF. That cured my poor running, although it does come back so thinking I may need a new MAF soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds exactly like when my MAF went. Nice easy test, warm it up and unplug MAF, if engine note changes theoretically its working if not take it for a drive and see if it makes any improvement as ECU will go to base map.

Worth checking but it's not conclusive - unplugging the later hot film MAF while the engine is idling has NO IMPACT, whether the MAF is alive or dead.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

I had a similar issue when one of my plug leads was arcing across to the edge of the manifold gasket. Bending the edge over so it was further clear of the lead cured the problem. Running the engine in the dark and looking down each plug well, meant the arcing was obvious to see (it did it on both sets of plug leads I've got)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Agree its not conclusive but worth a check, mine was a late 4 pin maf and my engine note had a definite note change if it was working. It would splutter a little then go back to normal.

Also you may have noticed reduced fuel economy with faulty maf, worth plugging it in to vagcom though although I've always found maf has a tendency to cause a lambda fault to pop up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yes I did have a faulty MAF for years, I could never get better than about 28 or 29mpg on the motorway till I swapped it. Even with the new one, no idle change when it's unplugged.. mine is a '95 coil pack car.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.