akacheesy

Drivers side window won't close properly, HELP!!

So my driver side window keeps stopping about 5 or 6 mill short. I've taken the door card off and can't see any way of adjusting it. I also found this plastic bit sitting at the bottom of the door. Anyone got any clues? There is a fair amount of play if you pull the window up and down by grabbing the glass and moving it, is there any way of tightening this up?

Not good I'm afraid you'll have to remove the window and mechanism and replace. Its a stupid vw system. I repaired mine by cutting a nylon block with a slot in it and pressed it into the channel at the top.

I'm kind of figuring that out. Essentially its a spacer or cable guide and without it, in place, the cable has too much play which is the same amount as the gap when closed. Clearly, this part is broken. Can you tell me more about your repair? At least I know what the problem is, now I need to figure out a solution. Taking the mechanism out is a total bitch of a job given that it's riveted in and not nuts and bolts. Maybe a call to my local garage is in order cos I don't fancy doing it

You need to drill out the rivets.Quite easy just take your time i think there are 6 in total. With the ones holding the motor nust replace the rivets with screws.

I had a nylon block i think it was a spacer for something. I measured the height of the yellow piece above the frame and marked the same height on the nylon. I left about 10mm to press into the frame channel. I drilled a hole and cut a slot in it to feed the cable through then pressed it into the window channel.

hmm, maybe I will attempt it when I have the time and I need to do it before the winter comes. I'm assuming that VW doesn't sell the plastic clips and you have to buy the whole mechanism?

Thanks for coming back to me I understand what you've done now.

no they dont unfortunately but the mechanisms or complete doors are often being sold
Thought as much. Thanks a million for your help

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hmm. My passenger window has been like this for years... Never once got any damp inside the car.

A Corrado is for life, not just for the MOT.

My driver side packed up the other day stripped the mechanism out dismantled now back in and working must have been something to do with the motor because there was power to the motor when you make the switch.

For interest does anyone know if mechanisms door switches etc from other VW models fit our vehicle as well as the module ?

Edited by Rocket Ron

After I put mine back together had another issue. When you switch ignition on to test then take key out opened the drivers door and the passenger side window mysteriously opens. Traced it to a wire with worn insulation touching earth on the cable harness to the drivers door. Hopes this helps anyone in the future.