G-UNIT

Performance VW Oct 2017

No I haven't got Oct 2017 issue,

is there anything good in it ?

I think I've only got the August 2017 issue at the moment.

I used to have a massive pile of these Performance VW mags going back to the late 1990s, sadly they've all gone now been chucked into the recycling bin.

There were some really nice Corrados & Golfs in them over the years.

I remember reading about a MK3 Golf VR6 with Porsche wheels, looked really good.

Also a MK2 Scirocco that the owner had removed the front bumper, headlights and fabricated the front wings slightly, as replaced them with Corrado front headlights & bumper, it did look alright in a strange way, but the wings were so wide :lol:

Plus there was a bronze/silver Corrado 2.0 20v, that was decked with 16" split rims,

everything in the engine bay was pretty much chromed / polished, retrimed leather interior, also had the sunroof I think smoothed over, and the same with the front bumber.

Si

Edited by vw rule

No I haven't got Oct 2017 issue,

is there anything good in it ?

I think I've only got the August 2017 issue at the moment.

I used to have a massive pile of these Performance VW mags going back to the late 1990s, sadly they've all gone now been chucked into the recycling bin.

There were some really nice Corrados & Golfs in them over the years.

I remember reading about a MK3 Golf VR6 with Porsche wheels, looked really good.

Also a MK2 Scirocco that the owner had removed the front bumper, headlights and fabricated the front wings slightly, as replaced them with Corrado front headlights & bumper, it did look alright in a strange way, but the wings were so wide :lol:

Plus there was a bronze/silver Corrado 2.0 20v, that was decked with 16" split rims,

everything in the engine bay was pretty much chromed / polished, retrimed leather interior, also had the sunroof I think smoothed over, and the same with the front bumber.

Si

Lol - I did exactly the same and regret it. I recently bought a pile PVW mags on eBay for not much, in fact the postage was the most expensive bit. It was great re-reading some of the articles, with my favourite probably being the bonkers TVR interior inserted into a Corrado :-)

Yes lovely looking Silver Corrado in there ;)

That's Patrick's car, he is a CCGB member I believe , was at this year's national day at Brands

Cool car 8)

Lovely looking car that silver Corrado,

must have spend hours and a lot of money's, amazing car.

Met Patrick at Brands Hatch on CCGB National Day, really nice guy with lovely looking Corrado, which got loads of admiring looks. Seeing less and less modified Corrado nowadays, so nice to see a car of that quality.

The silver one was my old car back in 2003, I had the 20v conversion done think I was one of the first in this country to do it

along with a Seat Leon 6 speed box. Sold it on to Steve Denton at Premier a couple of years later. Regret selling that car but hey ho

was saving up for a house at the time so needs must.

The silver one was my old car back in 2003, I had the 20v conversion done think I was one of the first in this country to do it

along with a Seat Leon 6 speed box. Sold it on to Steve Denton at Premier a couple of years later. Regret selling that car but hey ho

was saving up for a house at the time so needs must.

Great job - car is amazing

I wonder how many people regret selling a Corrado at some point, I do. Back in '08, I sold a Classic Green, black leather Recaro interior, engine sorted by Stealth, BBS splits, etc etc - also to raise a deposit :-(

In saying that, fairly happy with current VR.