Demon

Need some bits for my corrado

Hi,

I’m lookin a desent set of plastic ”frames” that are under fog- and turnlights. Also looking for lower grill for bumper. And vr6 grill with vw-bagde.

If you got any of these just laying around and want to help fellow corradoist in finland send me pm :)

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you mean the black fog lamp housings then your stuck because

The units are complete, the fog lamp glass is bonded onto the plastic housing. Ideally you need a decent second hand one, very hard to find uncracked and cost a small fortune when you do find them..

The grilles are the same 3 slat type, they aren't model specific. The red Vr6 badge could be expensive though.

Same thing regarding the bumper air inlet grille, there are 2 different types available, again, if you do find one that's not damaged or cracked they cost a fair deal, I've seen them up on ebay going for €190+

Bollox to that.

Yeah, the fog lights are a pain - I've just got hold of a second hand set and plan to swap the lenses with some new ones from a Bosch unit for BMWs. People are looking for 100-200 for a complete second hand unit - it's ridiculous - and I've heard of replacement units cracking on people as soon as the lights get turned on. Classic Parts should really be looking at this and get them remade.

There are a couple of people around on-line who make very nice reproductions of the badges, but they are not cheap.

Grilles were available from Classic parts for not too much last time I checked.

No no. I dont mean housings. There are these plastic ”frames” behind them. Screwed to the bumber. They have slots where fogs and turns kinda sit.

It must be an early bumper you have then - maybe it's different there - but ETKA just shows the bumper, which has a mounting bracket moulded into it, and then the complete housing for fogs and indicators sits into that.

Looking at this pic it actually seems that those frames i'm talking about are indeed fog housings..

440c5c52d631e96dc109694e394fd952.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fender, don't bother wasting time and effort by using the Bmw lenses on the second series fog lamps, I've got a brand new one sitting here that I wanted to try and modify to fit, no chance as they are bigger and wider than the Corrado Hella glasses..

€30 thrown out the window by experimenting.

Apologies for thread hijack - maybe we should split it off.

@veedubbed - that's not good news - what part# did you use? The Bosch one I was looking at was 1 305 354 933 - maybe it only works on early lenses, it does take some grinding down of the lips by all accounts.

Fender, don't bother wasting time and effort by using the Bmw lenses on the second series fog lamps, I've got a brand new one sitting here that I wanted to try and modify to fit, no chance as they are bigger and wider than the Corrado Hella glasses..

€30 thrown out the window by experimenting.

My corrado is first registered in december 1991. So it’s early. I think :D

My corrado is first registered in december 1991. So it’s early. I think :D

Do you need early fogs then?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Do you need early fogs then?

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Propably yes.. Dunno really :D

Propably yes.. Dunno really :D