theoz

1.8t Corrado RPM signal

Hi Everyone,

I am currently building my 1.8t corrado. I have come across a problem with getting my RPM gauge to work.

The corrado is a 1994 (ex 2.0L 16v 9a) now with a 1.8t ARZ. I have a wire connected in the ECU T121/53 blue white wire going to G1/12 on the fuse box.

I was wondering do I need tach converter or will the later corrado clocks do the job?

Any help would be much appreciated.

looking at the diagram for the arz, pin 53 is for the Air mass meter, with a quick look I'd say you need to connect the tacho to pin 37.

The cluster from a 2.0 9A (assumably with electric speedo) will be fine taking the tacho straight of the ECU without the convertor, mine works fine with an AGU ECU

Have a look here for the drawings

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_V9-6xfgGlINzhhM2IyNmItOWRhZS00MzBkLTk2MTEtNGIyZDFmMDg0NWM2

Edited by rado20vT

Cheers for your help. I will take a look at the link. Will keep you posted on here to see if I can get it to work. Cheers

I got the RPM signal sorted today. I was connected to the wrong pin. Thanks to rado20vT. It is pin T121/37 to G1/12. It works very well with the late corrado clocks. One step closer to finishing :D