1200 bandit

Oil pressure

Can anyone tell me what the oil pressure is on a 2.0 16 v 9A engine,what temperature oil ,water should be when tested ,have replaced 2 oil pressure switches

Have a oil light flashing at 2,500 rpm ,have carried out oil pressure checks on front and rear pressure outlets (see,will it ever end for pressure reading)

The readings look high to me so thinking oil pump gone tits up

Any thoughts welcome

From cold start up at idle its common to see 5+ bar. But if you're reading much more than that I would investigate. Once at 80 degrees oil temp at idle you should have at least 1 Bar, if you have more than 2 you either have a high idle (1200+) or the relief valve in the pump may not be working. Once at 80 degrees increasing the engine speed should cause an proportinal increase in oil pressure but at higher RPM when hot if you're getting excessive pressure (8 bar plus) I would start to ask questions personally.

I work as a technician in Renault Liverpool,l though the reading are high because on a 1.5 DCI Diesel engine,and a 1.2 petrol engine the reading are

At idle speed 0.8 bar

At 3,000 rpm 3.5 bar

Engine temperature at 80 C

Any thing out of specific requireds a new oil pump

I know that this is for Renault engines

On the Manta GTE the oil pressure reading was 3.5/ 4.0 bar at 3,000 rpm

So l though that 3.5 / 4.0 bar was the normal reading

Uesing a multimeter from wiring to earth

When carried check out wiring yellow wire (rear switch) 0.0 omes open reading

On blue ( front one )reading 0.2 omes

Is the oil temperature switch on the clylinder head (gearbox side) under the dizzy

which one is the high pressure wiring so l can carry out wiring checks

Edited by 1200 bandit

Different engines have different specifications and clearances and different oil pressure tolerances because of those variations.

Where did you check the continuity of the yellow wire from and to? I.e probe locations. The high pressure is on the oil filter housing and the low pressure is on the side of the cylinder head.

Have 2 switches on the top oil filter housing,placed the red lead into the yellow wiring and the black lead to earth no reading,red lead into the blue wiring and reading of 0.02

Have checked out the oil pressure switches and the switches checked out ok.Check out with test lamp.Placed test lamp from low oil pressure switch to poss side of the battery. When turn on ignition low pressure switch test light comes on start engine goes out.

Placed test lamp high oil pressure switch turn ignition on no test light on,start engine test light comes on .Found the information on google

Possible wiring fault????

I see what you mean about different engines but l have no experience of the vw engines that’s why l .think the pressure is high.Dont what to start blowing any gaskets,engines

May hhave asked this before but you say that the is a oil pressure switch on the side of the clylinder head ,l thought this was the oil temperature switch???????,all and any information most welcome

Edited by 1200 bandit

Sorry my bad I’m confusing myself with a G60 which truth be told is what I’m more used to. The two switches will be on the oil filter housing for you. To check which is which you need to remove them and find the part numbers or the usually have pressures written on them. Obviously the lower value will be the low pressure switch. To test the continuity you need to test one end of the wire to where it is located in the plug that goes into the back of the clocks.

Have spent the some time today checking out the wiring

Found a very bad repair to the wiring for the high pressure oil switch,also found the wiring for the low pressure switch worn through by the **** poor repair

Cut out all bad wiring and replace it,been out for a run pulling like a train no oil buzzer light flashing on the motor way .This time l hope it’s fixed

Thanks Graphite for the information

Sounds like a job well done. It's Always satisfying to cure a problem and not encounter another Corrado one

Cressa

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

No problem you’re more than welcome. If you need help get in touch I’ll try to help as much as I can.