robrado974

Fitting the cda filter .

I’ve just purchased one of these second hand . I’ve removed the old KnN filter and thought I could just push it straight on , but it looks like I need a connecting hose , as the two ends are the same size . Could someone put a couple of detailed pics up for me please ?. I had a look on google but I couldn’t find a detailed pic .

Kind regards

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you get in the "kit" ? My CDA kit had a piece of Samco silicone pipe to connect it from the MAF to the CDA.

What did you get in the "kit" ? My CDA kit had a piece of Samco silicone pipe to connect it from the MAF to the CDA.

I got two jubilee clips and a fixing type bar . Yes it’s the hose I need . Which is no big deal really . I wanted to see pics of what everyone else has done as I have a bracket attached to the body for the KnN filter, so I thought this may take the weight instead of using the metal bar ?.

Stealth made up a little prototype bracket for the CDA, which they kindly gave to me. It attaches to the auxiliary belt tensioner. I've actually still got the complete kit in the garage.. if I remember next time I'm over there (mid week perhaps) I'll try remember to grab a picture of it!

Check out the pics at the link below. They show a CDA fitted to a 2.8 V6 Mk3 Golf engine but the principle is exactly the same. Measure the diameter of the MAF inlet and source a couple of inches of silicone hose in the relevant size from e-bay or elsewhere and mount the filter as shown.

To support the filter, you could fabricate a right angled bracket with a long arm and a short arm from a length of plain bar similar to the bar you received with the filter. Drill two holes in the long arm to pick up the two mounting bolts on the tensioner and one hole in the short arm to pick up the bolt from the CDA clamp. You should just about be able to see what I mean in the pics below.

On the other hand, Daves 16v, a member on this forum, used to produce a stainless steel bracket for this very purpose but I don't know if they are still available. Check out the link below and drop him a PM.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?79954-BMC-CDA-Mounting-Bracket-Polished-Stainless-Steel

P4180002.jpg

P4180001.jpg

Edited by leon263

Stealth made up a little prototype bracket for the CDA, which they kindly gave to me. It attaches to the auxiliary belt tensioner. I've actually still got the complete kit in the garage.. if I remember next time I'm over there (mid week perhaps) I'll try remember to grab a picture of it!

Thanks Jim , much appreciated

Check out the pics at the link below. They show a CDA fitted to a 2.8 V6 Mk3 Golf engine but the principle is exactly the same. Measure the diameter of the MAF inlet and source a couple of inches of silicone hose in the relevant size from e-bay or elsewhere and mount the filter as shown.

To support the filter, you could fabricate a right angled bracket with a long arm and a short arm from a length of plain bar similar to the bar you received with the filter. Drill two holes in the long arm to pick up the two mounting bolts on the tensioner and one hole in the short arm to pick up the bolt from the CDA clamp. You should just about be able to see what I mean in the pics below.

On the other hand, Daves 16v, a member on this forum, used to produce a stainless steel bracket for this very purpose but I don't know if they are still available. Check out the link below and drop him a PM.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?79954-BMC-CDA-Mounting-Bracket-Polished-Stainless-Steel

P4180002.jpg

P4180001.jpg

Great stuff Leon thank you very much