robrado974

Door rods

Are the door rods sided ?, does anyone know please . I have a spare that someone on the forum needs , not bothered about selling the part I’m happy to let it go for postage. But one of my pins seems at a funny angle . I just wanted to check before I give the part away . I’ve replaced the plastic connectors so I know nothing is broken anywhere .

Kind regards

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah pal they are sided

Thanks Chris . I will put a pick of mine up , let me know your thoughts please .

Yeah they have a bent section in them that needs to fit in a certain place. This is the rod from interior handle to latch I'm talking about

Thanks Chris . I will put a pick of mine up , let me know your thoughts please .

2ab960d4f61ecb6e25562cc4e2fb4242.jpg021dff5d5fdd788cbda23e9a34e07591.jpg

First pic is the drivers door .

2ab960d4f61ecb6e25562cc4e2fb4242.jpg021dff5d5fdd788cbda23e9a34e07591.jpg

First pic is the drivers door .

Both my plastic connectors were broken , so I had no idea which way round the hook went , as it was just hanging there . Maybe I have them the wrong way round

Yeah they have a bent section in them that needs to fit in a certain place. This is the rod from interior handle to latch I'm talking about

Yeah that’s the one Jim .

Hi guys,

I think it's me you're referring to who needs one! I've found replacements on EBay (yes from that I've worked out they're sided - I think my current passenger side one may actually be a drivers / offside one but it seems to work!). However, now I've seen more pictures, I think the rod I have might be fine and not sheared at all - I think perhaps I'm just missing the white connecting piece. Had a look on my passenger side and it's a white piece. I've found suppliers online listing the rods and found a schematic that shows it. Do you have any of the white connecting pieces??

Cheers, Cluffy

Hi guys,

I think it's me you're referring to who needs one! I've found replacements on EBay (yes from that I've worked out they're sided - I think my current passenger side one may actually be a drivers / offside one but it seems to work!). However, now I've seen more pictures, I think the rod I have might be fine and not sheared at all - I think perhaps I'm just missing the white connecting piece. Had a look on my passenger side and it's a white piece. I've found suppliers online listing the rods and found a schematic that shows it. Do you have any of the white connecting pieces??

Cheers, Cluffy

I got mine from TPS , they were pennies, these are also sided . One is black , the other white . Sorry about the door rod , I have no idea which side I have .

I got mine from TPS , they were pennies, these are also sided . One is black , the other white . Sorry about the door rod , I have no idea which side I have .

Ahh, well that explains something - I'm pretty sure there's a black plastic connector inside the driver's door but I didn't think much on it as thought I was looking for a white one! Well, I might be able to fix it without spending anything.... Let's see. I'll investigate tomorrow!