g60rge

g60 missfire once warm

i have a couple of problems with the g60

i have a misfire once the car is up to temperature, usually over 80 degrees - coolant temp. It back fires and splutters on hard acceleration. I have disconnected the lambda and it still does it (no change in running), ive swapped the blue coolant sensor with the black one, no change again. i did set the timing as per guides, the only thing i can say about that is the 0 on the flywheel was jumping about a little and not staying in the middle

The other problem is the idle, from cold it sits just above 1000 and once warmed up it sits just below 1000. ive set it up as per guides but always goes back to the above once ive reconnected the blue sensor and rev'd 3 times etc

its a 1h rallye engine with the superchips small pully and chip, merc FMIC, 4 branch and exhaust system, its using a normal g60 ecu not the rallye one

This is all fitted in my mk1 gti

thanks

Could be an issue with the hall sensor mounted on the side of the distributor, or the wiring to it. However with it being temperature related and not affected by disconnecting lambda tell us otherwise. Swapping the temp sensors around may not be definitive to diagnosing a problems with the blue sensor as they are not the same. The black one doesn't sent he correct signal to the ECU.

dizzy is brand new it hasn't even covered 500 miles, forgot to mention ive got some red ex in there atm. ive heard it can leave crap on the o2 sensor, but saying this ive run it with the o2 disconnected

i do have the coil mounted on the block temporarily (don't ask) im wondering if its playing up once it gets hot, i will swap the blue sensor i have a working one in the glove box ;)

How do you know the superchip is calibrated to your current set up?

Is cam / crank timing set correctly?

There is a chance is not calibrated like an sns one for example since they were off the shelf and no different depending on intercooler size, fpr rating or injector rating etc unless i was mistaken.

I will be ordering an sns one once ive got the thing running properly and serviced the charger

il have another go at timing it. Im thinking its to do with timing being so far out hence its also affected the idle

what would cause the timing mark to jump around when setting up ?

The timing marks are never completely static. Double check you aren't a tooth out on the cam as this is easily done on these engines.

Have you replaced the o-ring on the idle screw? These are notorious for causing small air leaks that then affect idle.

Have you removed and cleaned the ISV? Also worth trying a known good ISV off another car, the ABF (16v GTi) ones are the same fyi.

The fact this is happening when up to temperature would always point to blue temp sensor causing an issue, have you looked at the wiring for this?

I'd get the SNS chip fairly soon, mine ran very well with one of those fitted and it would eliminate another potential cause of your issues.

i re checked the timing and set it to 6 degrees without it jumping around this time. the coil was in a bad location and i earthed the bracket to the head

ive also tried 3 idle valves in total, one from a working rallye.

it still does it once its hot

will try a blue sensor and order an o ring or complete screw if i can next

i replaced the blue temp sensor with a new genuine one from vw and i still have the same issue :(

i also double checked the timing on the timing belt end this time incase the flywheel wasn't correct but its bang on 6 degrees i didn't need to adjust it

i will try an sns chip but the car ran good before so i really need to find whats gone wrong first

im begining to think its fuel related, blocked fuel filter/injectors/ kinked hose which folds more with extra heat. il keep this updated but for now im locking it away as im going on a long holiday :)