VR6 Lee

Fog light fuse (15 amp) keeps blowing

Never had this problem

After a quick blast in the vr this morning I came back and did the usual check making sure everything works before putting it back in the garage.

Pressed front fog light switch the normal ring around the edge of the switch didnt light up plus no fog lights on

Strange!!

Tried the rear fog light...again the orange ring around the edge didnt light up and no fog light

Strange x 2

Looked at the fuse and noticed that the fog light fuse had blown (number 10) 15 amp.

Changed it over for a new one.. smile on my face :)

Oh no

Started car up and turned on the main light so I can put fogs on... pressed fog light switch and fuse popped....grrrr!!!!

Any ideas?

Are they ok when the fogs aren't selected?

A bad earth or a short somewhere in the lighting I'd imagine though, but depends if its only when the fog switch is on if its the lights or fogs...

I had this ages ago, when I had a working Corrado, I’d caught the fog wiring in the bumper steel when refitting it, which had exposed a wire.

I think you can disconnect the fog light wiring at a plug behind the head lights. Worth trying to use the fogs with them disconnected and if the fuse doesn't blow then it's probably a trapped/worn wire in back of fogs