petemcr

Bumper troubles - so much rust

Hey guys,

I was in the process of replacing my bumper irons that bolt up to the subframe, when I decided to take a look at what it was like under the bumper itself, a fair few of the bumper clips were damaged and only a couple looked to be holding it on but then I found the front bumper irons is a mess with rust.

What options do I have with the bumper clips and also the iron itself bar getting one from classic be parts in Germany and being stung on shipping

Any advice appreciated, even better if anyone has the bumper iron they are selling

Hi mate I maybe able to help with a metal part of teh bumper and clips there is rust on the iron so will need shot blasting and coating. I also have the legs or irons

Interested fella, as long as it is in better condition than my current, given how bad this is shouldn't be too hard. I've just got a new set of the legs so I'm alright there, it's just the front section I need.

How much do you want for it?

Pete, I had my bumper brackets blasted and powder coated by Stockport Powder coating in Hallam Mill http://www.stockportpowdercoating.com/.

It was £80 cash for front and back (6 items) - and they are open Saturday mornings, too.

Are you sure they are past it - they are made of a reasonable gauge metal, so may be worth seeing if they clean up first??