Stone0311

G60 Engine Bay Remob - Clutch Slave MC and Strut Brace

Hi All,

After way to much time away from my C on other projects (Houses etc), finally got my engine bay re-repainted following a colour mis-hap (Not mine i might add) and now pushing on.

Few quick Q's if anyone can lend some input:

Have a strut brace to fit (see pic), anyone have any experience of clearance issues with these? Looks seriously tight in terms of fit [i assume i have it the correct way round?]

Is it wise to wait until everything is back in for clearance against inlet manifold? Was looking to get the strut top fixings in early while easy to clean swarf etc away

Gone to refit the brake servo, MC and clutch MC - is the clutch MC retained by bolts through the bulkhead? ETKA looks to show studs (See attached screen shot)

Cheers

If your Clutch MC is the original it will have two studs in which pass through the bulkhead and bolted up, new MC's don't have the studs, just the holes, its best to tap the thread and get new studs screwed in, which is a lot easier than just trying to use nuts and bolts if doing this on your own as the bolts will push out when trying to put the nuts on.

There are clearance issues with some strut braces if you have the earlier bonnet, does depend on the strut brace design though, yours looks like it maybe ok.

Hi All,

After way to much time away from my C on other projects (Houses etc), finally got my engine bay re-repainted following a colour mis-hap (Not mine i might add) and now pushing on.

Few quick Q's if anyone can lend some input:

Have a strut brace to fit (see pic), anyone have any experience of clearance issues with these? Looks seriously tight in terms of fit [i assume i have it the correct way round?]

Is it wise to wait until everything is back in for clearance against inlet manifold? Was looking to get the strut top fixings in early while easy to clean swarf etc away

Gone to refit the brake servo, MC and clutch MC - is the clutch MC retained by bolts through the bulkhead? ETKA looks to show studs (See attached screen shot)

Cheers

That looks like the on l got for my corrado,could not get to fit at all,

Clutch master clylinder is very easy to fit,let gravity bleed the clutch system