Jim Bowen

Bilstien B8 vs Koni sport

Got a koni sport kit with H&R springs fitted at the moment. But stupidly did the front top nut up with the impact driver and stripped the threads on the shaft.

Have found it quite firm with the konis and before i buy two new shocks i wondered about using bilstien b8's on the front as you can buy them individually.

Or do i just stick with koni again, well be keeping them on the rear i think. Or just buy a whole suspension kit again. Had weitec shock and spring kit, kw v1 coil overs, pi springs with the weitec shocks, and now the koni/hr combo.

Most have been quite harsh really and with the coilovers i was forever playing around with the height and worrying they weren't right, so got rid of them

Had Bilsteins on a previous Corrado, now have Koni Sport & H&R springs combo and the ride quality & height is perfect...so thumbs up for Konis from me

Can you recut the threads on the shocks? alternatively can Koni replace damaged part?

I had my Konis serviced by Shaun Pickering of SP Suspension. I found his contact details through the Koni website a few years ago, might be worth a try to get a new rod fitted?

[email protected]