Brian1975

G60 co pot/ relocation ?

Hi ,

Mocking up a pwr chargecooler installation on my g60 at the moment .

I want to locate the cooler itself as close as possible to the throttle body but the co pot is right bang centre of where I want the chargecooler to be! .ill be making up custom alloy pipework for this install and was thinking of relocating the co pot downstream of the chargecooler much closer to the throttle body . Is there any known problem with doing this does any one know ?

The CO pot needs to be quite close to the throttle body, but because the CO pot also doubles up as the intake temp sensor it needs to be after any intercooler / chargecooler to accuratly sample the intake charge temp and mixture.

The CO pot needs to be quite close to the throttle body, but because the CO pot also doubles up as the intake temp sensor it needs to be after any intercooler / chargecooler to accuratly sample the intake charge temp and mixture.

Yes, the way I'm planning the install the co pot will be after the chargecooler and just before the throttle body. But it will be much closer than where is usually sits ,possibly on the 90deg elbow position coming off the tb.

Just wondering if the sensor will be responsive enough closer to the tb or do they need a bit of distance away from it to work correctly.also is the mounting angle position on the pipe critical? The factory position is at approx 3 o clock.

What your proposing will be fine as long as the sensor is in the intake airflow before the TB then it will be all good, the ECU only takes a split second to compensate for any needed mixture/temp adjustment regardless of how near the sensor is to the TB