Sign in to follow this  
surfer.vr6

Whats the fastest you have ever been in your Corrado?

I registered 140 in mine, still was some revs left before red line but the car didn't wanna go anymore

132 on the M50. late morning on a Saturday. No other cars, bright sunlight, no rain.

Whoops got 3 points, camera got me doing 96. fair cop govenor. :shock: I almost lost my license.

Was advised to write a covering letter explaining my guilt and the state of my car.Two new tyres, just MOT'd and serviced. 132 was the beginning tho, the VR wanted more more more...

what was your penalty then??

A 6 month ban plus £450 fine but strangley no points. Could have been a lot worse had I of been caught a few minutes earlier when doing 160mph (well 160mph on the clock and thats the only guide I have) so I took it on the chin.

I hit 155mph on the M58 at 6am in the morning yesterday.... :oops:

:shock:

WOW! :-P

Now that´s what i call a fast car! :twisted:

:lol: 8)

my mate next too me was a little worried at that speed 8)

I said to him after whats the fastest you been and he said 155mph :oops: :lol:

I had 150 mph clock speed , one early evening. Think it could of gone a bit faster , but crapped it as a nice bend came up. Was pretty amusing though :lol:

when i had my G60 i only went 115mph in it because i was afraid of my charger blowing at that speed. i cannot wait to test my well modded 2.0L 16v =]

Ok, the car was feeling superb after G-werks sorted it yesterday so on my way back I found myself on an empty stretch of flat private road (well, I couldn't see anyone else) at around midnight so thought i'd go for it...

The car just kept pulling up to 159MPH (couldn't quite hit 160) on the clock and I held it there for a few seconds, at that point it stopped to accellerate but the revs were still increasing (not sure what I hit but well into the red 6500 maybe) as I guess the wind resistance was holding against me...

I'd forgotten the GPS recorded the max speed until this morning when I looked at it - 150.0MPH exactly 8) which I guess is about as accurate as you can get, this makes sense because at 100mph i'm actually doing 95 so to read 9mph out at that speed is pretty good by all acounts considering they are designed to 'over-read'

It was amazing how stable the car was at that speed altho I was gripping the steering wheel so hard my hands were sweating! and it got fairly noisey, with a mixture of charger, engine and wind resistance!

I don't drive to those sorts of speeds very often by the way and now i've done that I won't really have a urge to do it again and I wouldn't recommend anyone else to unless you are sure the car is mechanically sound in all respects... :wink:

I had a very comfortable 152 in my VR on the way to the NEC motor show with Biggerbigben down the M11. The car was on 15's and it hit the rev limiter so possibly could go a little faster with the 17's on.... not down hill either! Just after buying the car and don't really go over 80 any more with my Bell 550 bleeping at me... :oops:

:D :D :D

:shock: 160 mph :shock:

Going down the highway tonight!

The oil temperature went up to 140º !!! :shock:

I won´t do this anymore! :oops:

I do not like the feeling though the car is very handy and stable! 8)

Congratulations to VW! :lol:

And SNS !!! :D

crusied at 125 for about 2 hours with a halfway break to let my co pilot have a go for an hour. we were on autobahn in s. germany. 2.0 l 16v car was fully loaded with holiday stuff and 2 mountain bikes in boot. she had plenty of pull at that speed, it put a massive smile on both of our faces for ages! :D

167 via gps ... ran out of gearing and revs though.. :mad:

but my new gear set should solve that..

Bear in mind the C's speedo isn't all that accurate.

I'm running 205/40/17 tyres which are a bit taller than the OE 205/50/15, so that should make the speedo under-read a touch. I have a Origin B2 (GPS) which shows that my speedo is over-reading by 4-5 mph on the 17s. Clearly this over-read will be more on the correct 15s....

Still, I've had an indicated 157mph in mine chasing vr6dom down the M40 :roll:

I can't condone any of this.....after all bikes are soooo much faster! I would urge anyone out there with a motorcycle licence to pop down to the nearest Yamaha dealer and test-ride a 2004 R1. You ain't exerienced speed and acceleration like it....unless you either own one or fly Tornados for a living.....

I think some of 16v boys in earlier posts are either running rocket fuel or have very big hills near them. Mine will do about 125-130 and thats it.

On my bike I had an indicted 175mph last week but as I have mucked about with the sprockets it is more like 155-160mph. To be honest I only do this once just to see what it will do.

I can't condone any of this.....after all bikes are soooo much faster! I would urge anyone out there with a motorcycle licence to pop down to the nearest Yamaha dealer and test-ride a 2004 R1. You ain't exerienced speed and acceleration like it....unless you either own one or fly Tornados for a living.....

yeah i've rode the new R1 and its an awesome bike, very very quick and yet its the easiest bike i've ever rode, very composed

i've seen 180 on my gixxer and 170 in my bro in laws porsche 911 that he got yesterday

the 911 is the nearest i've got to the bike buzz in a car, it corners like its on rails , a totally awesome machine

oh yeah the rear tyres are 295/30 !!!

i was going to post some pics but the uploader seem tobe u/s at the mo :cry:

I think some of 16v boys in earlier posts are either running rocket fuel or have very big hills near them. Mine will do about 125-130 and thats it.

On my bike I had an indicted 175mph last week but as I have mucked about with the sprockets it is more like 155-160mph. To be honest I only do this once just to see what it will do.

Sounds like it might need a tune up then as I saw an indicated 135mph on my 16V and it was still pulling (just)... reckon would have done 135 - 140 tops... bearing in mind the speedo will be about 5% out at that speed... its a genuine 130mph car which is what they are supposed to be......

I had 145 with four people in the my vr on the flat and I think that was about it!

How do you guys get 15oish out of your vr's?

I had 145 with four people in the my vr on the flat and I think that was about it!

How do you guys get 15oish out of your vr's?

Throw 3 people out? :lol:

I was very tempted!!!!!! :twisted: ( I wasn't going to stop eather :lol: )

Even at that speed it still feels very stable!