Gti_Jamo

G60 Rear Axle

The last discussion I remember came to the conclusion all rear axles are the same between models?

I have a G60 axle behind the shed, not sure what good condition is for a 25+ year old axle? I'm a long way from Perth too.

Yes I think that is the case. Mk2 Golf also? Ideally I would want a brand new one but not much chance of that happening. Mine looked liked it had been dredged up from the bottom of a canal. I've cleaned it up but I'm not too impressed with it, especially the ends where the bushes press into. I fear if I send it off to be acid dipped then nothing will come back lol.

I kept my spare because it was to my eyes good, when I posted a pic of it in a wanted ad the enquirer wanted a better one, so my good is anothers poor?

I think MK2 is wider? MK3 even wider?

My main issue is that it's rusted badly on the inserts the bushes press into. Tried to see if they can just be replaced but can't find anything for them. Basically mine is so bad I had to take a hammer and chisel to the entire thing. Nightmare!

Cheers for that. I may have found one locally to me from a guy off Facebook so just waiting for them sending me some pics of it. Apparently has new calipers on it so that would be handy as i'm needing them too.