VR-Sixy

Swimming Pool Boot!

Looks like i've got water coming in from somewhere - attached a pic of where it's pooling. This is the bottom right hand side of the boot by the rear right side light cluster.

Really not sure how it's getting in. I checked the petrol fillling surround rubber or whateever it is, and this looks a little perished - could it be getting in to the boot from there? Really at a loss to make any educated guess at this. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]95587[/ATTACH]

The normal culprits are the badges as they are not really water tight . However yours looks by the pic to be all in the corner . Check the boot seal and the light cluster seal. I would dry it completely, then put talcum powder down , you will soon see where it’s coming from . I used this technique when I had water ingress in the footwell. Cover the whole boot with talc , any slight angle will let water run to where it wants to , by covering the whole boot , you won’t be looking in the wrong place .

Edited by robrado974

I wondered about the light cluster and the seal. I've got some clear/red inpro clusters on mine and they've been on there a while, so the seal may be the culprit. Looks like the seal material is still available at VW Heritage. Thanks for the pointer!!

Mine tends to leak from one of two places. Either from around the hatch holes the spoiler uses, or through the spoiler mechanism itself. There are holes in the plastic sleeves the spoiler mechanism is inside, and rain can drip from those if its gets down in to them. I used some urethane goop to seal around the two rubber gaskets that sit below the spoiler.

Mine tends to leak from one of two places. Either from around the hatch holes the spoiler uses, or through the spoiler mechanism itself. There are holes in the plastic sleeves the spoiler mechanism is inside, and rain can drip from those if its gets down in to them. I used some urethane goop to seal around the two rubber gaskets that sit below the spoiler.

Thanks - i'll take a look at that as well.