Sign in to follow this  
Scott

Suspension

Hiya People,

Ok a small question...

My VR6 is coming off the road now in approx two weeks for the engine work I have planned (been a long time coming but been busy!!!) anyway whilst I am doing the engine work I will also be replacing the rear brakes but I also want to do something with the suspension.

Trouble is my budget for the suspension is £250. I really cant afford to go for coil overs or roll bars like I wanted - other stuff to buy thats more important (renovating a house at moment) so what can I get for £250...

I wouldnt mind lowering it 25/ 30mm to remove the 4*4 stance but I am more interested in tightening up the suspension as it feels a bit lose after 115k miles.

Any suggestions?

I can buy SACHS shocks for £120 I am informed...?

Cheers

Scott

I was thinking maybe Sach shocks with new mounts + Eibach springs?

or just stick to stock height until get enough cash for coil overs? - if ever! :cry:

Don't use a cheap kit or you'll regret it.

Put the £250 in the bank and keep adding to it until you have enough for a good quality kit. OItherwise do as Alan Partridge says and just refresh the top mounts and dampers, and any bushes if you can stretch to it.

K

Its going to be a while till can afford the £1k suspension I want so new shocks and bushes / mounts is the way....

For now....

Cheers