Keyo

Resistor Pack

Hi , My fan speed setting is not working on setting two. The resistor pack has been repaired four times by the last owner in the last couple of years and I would like a new one.

The part number is 536959263 and of course been a Rado is now obselete. After surfing through a few pages on here alot of people saying the aftermarket one off ebay did not fit.

Has anybody purchased or sourced a resistor pack that is a straight fit that works. Could it be something else that is causing No2 fan speed not to be working and to be investigated first. Thanks In advance. He fitted a new fan motor last year it wouldnt be something silly like the fan has only 3 settings would it ?

Link below off ebay says this part fits ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FEBI-BILSTEIN-Heater-Blower-Resistor-19024/192712801699?epid=249587357&hash=item2cde93fda3:g:tW8AAOSwT-pb31Ye:rk:10:pf:0

Edited by Keyo

There is a wiki article to repair the fuse on the resistor pack:

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/fan_speed_thermal_fuse_repair.html

The problem is elsewhere, as your fuse keeps blowing (as you elude to).

The blower fan is drawing more current than it should.

Try cleaning the blower fan and ensure it spins freely.

Also clear the inlet grill under the windscreen scuttle, so air can be sucked in freely.

There are two versions of the resistor, early and late (the part number supplied is for the early interior). I think the difference is the late interior was 4-speed and the early interior was 3-speed.

Hi thanks for the reply but the fan motor is new and the scuttle panel and inlet is clean its only setting 2 that is not working.

If that part number is incorrect for a late 95 VR6 I cant seem to find the correct part number ?? Its wierd because on oempec it has late and early as the same part number???

Cheers

Edited by Keyo

Remove the setting dial, and make sure the metal contact for setting 2 is raised enough for the dial to make contact when its on setting 2. Could be as simple as that if the resistor pack has been changed that many times. If its been changed that many times, there is obviously an underlying issue.

I do have a hunch like you said it will be a poor contact on setting 2.

So you pull the dial off and does the front fascia trim of the dials just pop out if you wedge it off with flat screwdriver ?

Cheers.

Edited by Keyo

Yeah the dials should just pull off with a stiff tug. The facia is the same but just be careful as the retaining clips can be a little fragile. The screws are accessed from behind the facia.

Yeah the dials should just pull off with a stiff tug. The facia is the same but just be careful as the retaining clips can be a little fragile. The screws are accessed from behind the facia.

Thanks Sean managed to repair today after 30 mins of fetling with the copper surroung and needle.

P.s the resistor number is correct what I posted above for a late VR^ Corrado.

Cheers.