Sign in to follow this  
Blair

SNS chips - useful WITHOUT pulley?

I like the sounds of these 'no lag' chips, but I'm not sure I want to go to the extent of a smaller pulley.

Are they still beneficial without the pulley, or are they mapped only to suit pulley'ed cars?

Sorry if this is a stupid question but it's not something I've ever read up on before, hence I don't really understand the issues...

Cheers :)

SNS write the chips to suit certain applications. its not a 1 chip fits all its a many chips fit all type of thing. the first chip is usually is sent by sns to suit your application. it will morte than likely need tayloring to suit you needs better ie itll probly be slightly rich to start as thats the best starting place. you dont wanna go lean.

Im not sure if they do a standard application chip yet as the question must be raised as to whether or not its needed as vw didn't do a bad job. the advantages would be some extra timing and the no-lag code id expect. this may give you a few hp but nothing special.

Our engine isn't too good at flow so boost is required really to pep performance really.

speak to bilal at sns he will be able to recommend the best way forward. i think once you have driven a G60 with chip and pulley you wouldn't wanna go back to standard.

I think SNS has a Stage I chip builted only to eliminate the digi-lag. :-P

It is not needed to change anything in the car.

It is a good improvement! 8)

I can tell that i ran my G60 with a SNS Stage II without the 68mm pulley.

The car runs perfectly!

Maybe to rich... but...

Much more fun! :D