FrankyEight

Fitting Door Mouldings

3M trim tape. Make sure both surfaces are spotless and try and warm the strips up a bit before fitting. If the trims are new, they will come with adhesive tape on them already.

Thanks, do you know which particular 3M tape? There seems to be a few with different references that could do the job (4611, 5952, 4910 etc). Trims aren't new so I'll ensure surfaces and trims are clean etc. Cheers!

This one looks good: https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/company-us/all-3m-products/~/3M-Super-Strength-Molding-Tape/?N=5002385+3293241071&rt=rud

Haven't used it myself yet, but have used 3M double sided foam tape for number plates etc., but I don't think the foam one would be strong enough for the side moldings.

I've also seen it done with black Wurth adhesive bonding sealant before, but that seems more of a cowboy approach!

Edited by fendervg

3m tape is the one but be careful if you purchase off ebay, most of them are fake Chinese copies that people are knocking out.

I got a roll from bmw bodyshop. Ask at the parts department for the tape they use. They will sell it over the counter