JAM11E

1993 Corrado VR6 Dragon Green

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96971[/ATTACH]

Hi All,

I bought this car over 3 years ago now. The chap I bought it from was initially looking for advice on how to repair the car as the headgasket had gone. Headgasket aside, the car needed a huge amount of work just to get it roadworthy, let alone the cosmetic side of things. Having offered the chap a sum of money (bear in mind he didn't want to sell it initially) , I had the car collected from a small hotel in Snowdonia, lumped it onto a transporter and we headed home.

It took me 2 and a half years to get it to where I wanted. Having thought long and hard about it I have decided to sell, not because I have to but more because I feel i'm doing a dis-service to the car as it's not used. I've driven less than 1000 miles since i have it, at present it lives in my garage under a lovely soft cloth.

It's time to sell,

I've spent a huge amount of time and money on the Corrado since i've had it, I do not expect to regain what i've spent as that would simply be unattainable, however I expect a decent amount given how mechanically and aesthetically sound the car is. Below is a large and probably not full list of things I have done/replaced/repaired since owning the car.

One of the greatest achievements was getting the car refinished, I used a company called "RPM Automotive Refinishers", Ross, the owner, was a fantastic help, always sending me photos/videos, always asked if there was any work that he thinks needed doing on top of what we already agreed. The reason I chose Ross over anyone else was A) his knowledge B) his portfolio of work is exceptional, has worked on many classic cars from E-Types, to Bentleys & VW Campers. I paid just under £7000 for the paint including some welding work etc. The finished is exceptional, i've been back a handful of times to have some other work carried out on the corrado.

All items new/replaced

-Timing chains & tensioners

-Head, valves, etc

-Clutch

-Engine mounts

-Headlamps

-Water & Fuel pump

-Fuel lines

-HT Leads

-Expansion Tank

-Thermostat & Radiator

-Battery & starter motor

-Pretty much every engine sensor

-All suspension components, wishbones, track rods, CV joints

- BC Racing fully adjustable suspension

-New brake calipers, discs, pads & bearings all round

-Brake lines all replaced

-Rubber seals around doors & window scrapers (apart form the obsolete ones)

-90mm splitter

-Bonnet cable

-Scuttle panel

-Heater matrix

- Bonnet

-Windscreen with green tint at the top to match

-Steering rack

-Roof rubber seals

-Wheels refurbished

-Custom exhaust system

-Bare metal paint job costing circa £6000-£7000

Links to photo album on Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/gp/111754086@N08/171WPq

Around £16,000 spent on this car over the past 3 years i've owned it (like i said i am not looking to recoup that amount, it's important that I tell you this information so you can understand the work that has gone into it) . Don't let the 190k miles put you off this car is spotless and mechanically sound.

I've probably forgotten a huge amount to be honest, if you have any questions please fire away.

Looking for £6500 which I think is a good price

Edited by JAM11E

Worth every penny good luck in your sale if anyone mentions the mileage tell them its just a number.

Hello Jamie , I am interested in the corrado. Would it be possible to communicate over WhatsApp ? My number is 07542640585.

Cheers

I've messaged you....I'd advise you to delete your number off here now.

Jamie

Good news so far! Are you able to share any more pictures? When is viewing possible? Thanks

Did you have a look at the Flickr album?

My car is located in Birmingham and I live in Manchester. Where will you be travelling from, do you have any available dates and I will try and match with one of those?

Jamie

Thanks mate - yeah I tried to but got a picture of a sad 🐼. Is there another link I can try? I’ll check on dates and let you know

Can you private message me your email address and I'll get a new link to you. Might work that way.

Hi there Jamie,

Do you still have your car forsale?

I have been trying to PM you but its saying i don't have rights to?

Regards

Peter