ger040

hand brake cable hangers

does anyone have a fitted picture of the wire hanger that the hand brake cable attaches to as it moves along the rear axle

finally getting around to getting these fitted but cant see how they attach? - same as mk2 golf

i can best describe these as small curtain hanger type?

thanks

all is well - is your parts hunt over!

Its not the white hangars - these are metal coat hanger material (best way i can describe it) like y shape

i cant up load pictures

i had these quite a while now from the local vw dealer but never got them fitted

drooping handbrake cables not a pretty sight - these may not be on a vr6?

by the way that car is clean underneath - looks like a new car - shame to take it out in the rain to get dirty

I know what you mean mate got Stealth to fit them on my VR6 , all I know is he had to rip the old ones out of the rear subframe, and they were a pain in the ass to get out and he had to use some serious pliers, they actually slot into the subframes, I think he had no issues putting the new ones in though.

Part hunt has been fazed out at present. They fir at each end I believe you just need to find the housing for them .

Part 15 on diagram

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/615/subcategory/119000/part_id/0/lang/e#sec_15

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97001[/ATTACH]

Just took these pics for you to show you how mine look mate.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97003[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]97004[/ATTACH]

Edited by Keyo

thanks for the pics keyo - that exactly what i needed - looks so obvious now but just could not work it out earlier

thanks again keyo!